|Please note that this is the Gundam Wiki's article on the mobile suit from M-MSV; if you are looking for the article on mobile suit from Mobile Suit Discovery then you should head to RAG-79-G1 Gundam Marine Type/Origin.|
Technology & Combat Characteristics
The Gundam Marine Type is a fully customized RAG-79 Aqua GM used by the Federation. Although the unit is built from the same basic frame of the Aqua GM, it was adapted with more advanced technologies during its development to improve its adaptability in amphibious combat.
One such feature is the improved Minovsky type reactor, which is custom designed to work underwater and allows it to use beam weapons while underwater. Other such improvements in performance is the increased power in the thrusters, allowing it to cruise underwater without problems. In design wise, the unit is designed with a Gundam-Like head to reflect the famous RX-78-2 Gundam.
- Torpedo Pod
- Located on the back are two torpedo pods.
- Explosive Harpoon Gun
- Located on the left forearm, a directional explosive is built into the tip of the harpoon to destroy the enemy MS from the inside.
- Hand Anchor
- A rocket anchor weapon equipped into the Waterproof Gundam's right forearm for close combat purposes. It has a grappling claw that can catch enemy units to pull them into the suit's combat range. It can also be used to restrict the movements of an enemy mobile suit.
- Beam Pick
- Among the Waterproof Gundam's weapons that are designed for use in the water are its beam picks. These are like beam sabers but with a shorter blade and the Waterproof Gundam has two beam picks that can be stored on its right waist.
- Underwater-Use Beam Rifle
- A modified beam rifle that can be used underwater. The beam rifle is fitted with a curved cover to narrow and converge the beam, which reduces the loss of the beam in the water.
One surviving Waterproof Gundam was deployed at Dakar during the events of Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn, alongside two RAG-79 Aqua GM units to fight against The Sleeves. The Waterproof Gundam however was no match against the more advanced AMS-129M Zee Zulu units deployed by The Sleeves and was destroyed in combat.