Personality & Character
Unlike her progenitor Elpeo Ple, who was kind, energetic and friendly, Ple Two is very cold and professional. However, she has shown an ability to care for others, choosing not to kill certain people she comes across. While a seemingly perfect killer and always obeying Glemy's orders without question, the pressure she experiences when fighting other Newtypes does cause massive amounts of pain to her at times.
Ultimately, her Newtype experiences with both Judau and her deceased progenitor Ple causes Ple Two to shift allegiances, realizing she wants to be a person rather than the weapon Glemy treated her as.
After defecting from Glemy’s thrall, Ple Two embraces the same love and care her progenitor had for Judau and starts referring to him as “big brother” the same way she did.
Skills & Capabilities
A highly potent Cyber Newtype, her powers come in handy with her AMX-004 Qubeley Mk-II, and she is able to guide the machine and its remote-controlled funnels with ease. With a special head-mounted device, she can control her Qubeley Mk-II's funnels even when she is not in her mobile suit. She can also sense Newtypes as well.
A subordinate of Glemy Toto, Ple Two is a clone of Elpeo Ple. She repeatedly challenges Judau Ashta and his allies, and her use of the MRX-010 Psycho Gundam Mk-II to battle Judau resulted in the original Ple sacrificing herself to convince her to stop attacking him. She is later seen piloting the NZ-000 Queen Mansa along with Glemy. During her final showdown with Judau, she was convinced by him to switch side and suffered severe wounds while escaping from the exploding Queen Mansa. On the brink of death, Ple Two uses the last of her strength to locate and rescue Judau from the crumbling asteroid Moussa, previously attached to Axis, before passing away.
Notes & Trivia
- Her name is sometimes translated as Puru Two due to the Japanese pronounciation of "Ple".
- In Gundam Evolve Episode 10 (which is set in U.C 0089) Judau rescues a Qubeley which has escaped Neo Zeon. At the end of the episode, The Qubeley's pilot comes out from her suit. Her face isn't seen, but she's wearing Ple Two's pilot suit. Whether this is a revived Ple Two, or another Ple clone who managed to survive the First Neo Zeon War, is unknown.
- In the Mobile Suit Gundam ZZ novelization, Ple Two's death is clearly depicted, and a funeral is held for her as well.
- Ple Two appears in the Sony PlayStation game Gundam Battle Assault piloting the Queen Mansa. As well as many other games such as Dynasty Warriors Gundam & Dynasty Warriors Gundam 2. Gundam Battle Universe, and Mobile Suit Gundam: Gundam vs. Zeta Gundam, with her starting off, or using her Qubeley Mk-II.
- In Dynasty Warriors Gundam's Original Mode when Ple Two in her Qubeley encounters Heero Yuy and the Wing Gundam Zero, she attacks him with her funnels, when Heero manages to dodge them so effectively, she thinks he must be a Newtype, but gets confused as she can't feel any pressure from him.
- Heero also shows empathy for Ple Two viewing her as someone similar to himself, someone was raised to be a living weapon.
- In Dynasty Warriors Gundam 2, Both Ple and Ple Two have parallel Story Missions. With each one being played alternately. In the story, Ple Two is having trouble earning the trust of other AEUG members, which leads to conflicts with other pilots such as Roux Louka and Emma Sheen. Ple's corresponding missions involve having to help them after their fights with Ple Two. The final missions for both characters are the same battle, played from their perspective, as Ple and Ple Two fight and come to terms with each other. During other character's Mission Mode games, she and Ple may appear in a random event as enemies in their Qubeley Mk-IIs. Defeating one will cause the other to retreat, and return later in the Psycho Gundam Mk-I (Ple) or Mk-II (Ple Two). Additionally, she can also randomly appear with Katejina Loos in a Musha Gundam Mk-II.
- In Dynasty Warriors Gundam 3, during a combo SP attack between her and Banagher Links, Banagher nearly calls her Marida, aka Ple 12.
- In the game Gundam Extreme Versus, Ple Two is a playable character using Qubeley Mk-II, but also appears in her other machines Psycho Gundam Mk-II and Queen Mansa during certain parts in the Arcade and Trial Missions, though the latter two are exclusive to the AI.