Technology & Combat Characteristics
Hiroto's Gunpla based on the RX-78-2 Gundam. It's a size smaller compared to ordinary Gunplas and doesn't have much firepower, but is capable of going toe-to-toe in combat with other Gunplas due to Hiroto's controlling techniques which effectively utilizes the small size and weight of the MS. He built the Core Gundam to explore the possibilities of small Gunpla and to try different things. Hiroto also has various color scheme ideas for the Core Gundam. The "Real Type" colors resembling the RX-78-2 Gundam Real Type were to function as camouflage during land battle, while the "G-3" colors similar to the colors of the RX-78-3 Gundam "G-3" and resembling surface finisher were for space combat.
- Beam Vulcan
- Mounted in the head, the pair of Beam Vulcans have low firepower and are mainly for intercepting incoming enemy units and attacks, such as missiles.
- Core Spray Gun
- The standard equipment of the Core Gundam, this ranged weapon is effective in close to medium range. It can be stored on the rear waist when not in use.
- Core Saber
- Close range weapon stored on the back, it emits a short torch-like beam blade when deployed. Its robust hilt can also be used as a striking weapon.
- Core Shield
- A defensive armament mounted on the arm. It can be stored on the back when not in use.
- Beam Saber/Beam Tomahawk
- A close-combat beam weaponry taken from a defeated ally's customized PMX-002 Bolinoak Sammahn.
Special Equipment & Features
- PLANETS System
- A system that the Core Gundam uses to dock with parts carried on support mechas named after the various planets of the Solar System to form various Gundams. This not only changes its equipment but also alters its characteristics, with each resulting Gundam having different performance. Hiroto created this system to respond to any battlefield, environment, and circumstances. Each support mecha has flight capabilities, and can function as a sub-flight system as well as provide combat support in battles.
- Even if the Core Gundam is launched in one of its alternate forms, it can still summon a support mecha to switch form or for support. However, Hiroto sometimes has difficulties controlling the support mecha and the Gundam simultaneously if the battle gets heated. Besides the standard "Core Change", there is also a "Limited Change", that allows the Core Gundam in one of its alternate form to partially switch parts with those of a summoned support mecha.
- Earth Armor
- The support mecha for the Core Gundam which consists of combination parts for the Earthree Gundam, a well balanced form.
- Mars Armor
- The support mecha that carries the combination parts for the Marsfour Gundam, a close combat form.
- Venus Armor
- The support mecha that carries the combination parts for the Veetwo Gundam, a heavy weapons form.
- Mercury Armor
- The support mecha that carries the combination parts for the Mercuone Gundam, an underwater combat form.
- Jupiter Armor
- The support mecha that carries the combination parts for the Jupitive Gundam, a space combat form.
- Uranus Armor
- The support mecha that carries the combination parts for the Uraven Gundam, a long-range sniping form.
- Heat Resistance Film
- A large, flexible sheet used to shield the Core Gundam from the heat of atmospheric entry. It is stored within the center pelvis part and can be pulled out once the pelvis' red armor piece slides down.
Hiroto appears to have been inspired to create the Core Gundam by his victory in one of the Gunpla Duel (GBN's predecessor) farewell tournaments against a 1/60 Perfect Grade GAT-X105 Strike Gundam with the much smaller 1/200 Speed Grade RX-78-2 Gundam. The "G-3" colors was the Core Gundam's initial color scheme. Following his befriending of Eve, Hiroto came up with various color schemes for the Core Gundam (such as the "Normal" colors and "Real Type" colors) as well as the PLANETS System. After joining Force Avalon, Hiroto adopted the "Normal" colors as the Core Gundam's finalized color scheme.
Notes & Trivia
- The PLANETS System resembles the RX-124 Gundam TR-6 ［Woundwort］'s ability to combine its limbs with extra parts.
- Its model number, PFF-X7, is very similar to that of the FF-X7 Core Fighter's.
- The Core Gundam's use of a heat resistance film during atmospheric entry is likely a homage to the RX-78-2 Gundam doing the same in episode 5 of Mobile Suit Gundam.
- Two volumes of Hobby Hobby Imaging Divers Ver.C.Z imply that Captain Zeon owns three replicas of the Core Gundam.