Technology & Combat Characteristics
The Nepteight Gundam is the special cruising form of the Core Gundam II docked with the Neptune Armor through the PLANETS System. The special cruising units on its arms and back can be unfolded to activate Voiture Lumiere, the Stargazer Gundam's interplanetary propulsion system. The halo created by this unit leaves an everlasting trail that can be seen from all worlds.
- Beam Gun
- The pair of special cruising units on the Nepteight Gundam's forearms are equipped with a Beam Gun each, allowing them to emit beams from their tips for self-defense.
- Beam Saber
- A melee weapon that emits a blade-shaped beam, a pair are stored on the back when not in use.
Special Equipment & Features
- Voiture Lumiere
- An interplanetary propulsion system that uses powerful light pressure obtained through a special conversion of energy as its driving force. To activate the system, Nepteight Gundam has to spread its arms to the sides and the special cruising units mounted on the arms and back expand to transform into a large torus (ring-like) structure. A unique and bright ring of light is emitted as a by-product when the system is in use.
- PLANETS System
- Like the original Core Gundam, the Core Gundam II can make use of the PLANETS System to dock with support mechas named after various planets of the Solar System, changing its equipment, characteristics and performance. This change can be done even during mid-combat, with the Nepteight Gundam using the Neptune Armor.
The Neptune Armor was left unfinished by Hiroto until the events on Eldora. To complete the Neptune Armor in time before the firing of the satellite cannon, Hiroto enlisted the help of the rest of the BUILD DiVERS to complete the parts.
Notes & Trivia
- Its name is a portmanteau of Neptune, eighth planet in the Solar System, and the number eight.