The PF-78-3 Perfect Gundam III "Red Warrior" is a variation of the RX-78-3 Gundam "G-3". Designed by Kunio Okawara and later by Hajime Katoki for the Gundam Fix Figuration version. It appears in the manga Plamo-Kyoshiro.
Technology & Combat Characteristics
An upgraded model of the PF-78-1 Perfect Gundam and FA-78-1 Gundam Full Armor Type. Taking note from his experience with FA-78-2 Heavy Gundam, Kyoda modifies the base model with emphasis on performance instead of armor.
- Vulcan Gun
- These head mounted shell firing weapons have high-rate of fire but little power, and are generally ineffective against mobile suits, though they can damage lightly armored areas such as the sensors. They are ideal for shooting down small, lightly armored targets such as missiles or attack vehicles.
- Beam Saber
- The Red Warrior had two beam sabers stored on the rear waist armor.
- Hand Beam Saber
- Besides the beam sabers stored on the rear waist armor, the Red Warrior has another beam saber mounted on its right forearm for quick deployment.
- 3-tube Missile Launcher
- Mounted within the torso of the Red Warrior are a set of missile launchers.
- Mounted on the backpack and carried in Red Warrior's right hand when in use. The bazooka can fire solid and beam shots depending on the setting.
- Mounted on the left forearm, this shield is extremely small in comparison to other shields. However, because of its small size, the shield is very maneuverable and effective in close combat.
- Gundam Hammer
- The Gundam Hammer was essentially a large spiked ball attached to a chain. It was used to give the MS a ranged melee weapon. The MS could either throw or swing the Hammer around itself to damage its target.
Notes and Trivia
- The SK logo on its knee cap armors is a tribute to its builder/pilot, Shiro Kyoda.
- It's the first mobile suit with shoulder thrusters.