The PF-78-3 Perfect Gundam III "Red Warrior" is the variation of the RX-78-3 Gundam "G-3". Designed by Kunio Okawara and later by Hajime Katoki for the Gundam Fix Figuration version. It appears in the manga Plamo-Kyoshiro.
Technology & Combat Characteristics
An upgraded model of the PF-78-1 Perfect Gundam and FA-78-1 Gundam Full Armor Type. Taking note from his experience with FA-78-2 Heavy Gundam, Kyoda modifies the base model with emphasis on performance instead of armor.
- Vulcan Gun
- These head mounted shell firing weapons have a high-rate of fire but have little power and are generally ineffective against mobile suits, though they can damage lightly armored areas such as the sensors. These weapons are ideal for shooting down small, fast moving, lightly armored targets such as missiles or small vehicles.
- Beam Saber
- The Red Warrior had 2 beam sabers stored on the recharge rack of the rear waist armor.
- Hand Beam Saber
- Besides the standard beam sabers stored on the rear waist armor, the Red Warrior has another beam saber that is mounted on its right forearm for quick deployment.
- 3-tube Missile Launcher
- Mounted within the torso of the Red Warrior were a set of missile launchers. These rocket-propelled weapons were used for long to mid-range bombardment and to deal damage to heavily armored enemies.
- Mounted on the backpack and carried in Red Warrior's right hand when in use. A bazooka that can fire both solid and beam shots depending on the setting.
- A shield mounted on the left forearm, the shield is extremely small in comparison to other mobile suits of the era, because of it's small size the shield is extremely maneuverable and effective in close combat.
- Gundam Hammer
- The Gundam Hammer was essentially a large spiked ball attached to a chain. It was used to give the MS using it a ranged melee weapon. The MS could either throw or swing the Hammer around itself in order to impact and damage its target through the sheer mass of the hammer.
Notes and Trivia
- The SK logo on its knee cap armors is a tribute to its builder/pilot, Shiro Kyoda.
- It's the first mobile suit with shoulder thrusters.