Technology & Combat Characteristics
The Dorado L is a commander use variant of the ovm-e Dorado, but has similar performance. The main differences between the two mobile suits are that Dorado L has a yellow color scheme and a differently-shaped head armor that resembles the ovv-f Gafran's.
- Beam Rifle
- Housed in the Dorado L's tail, it can be held over or under the right shoulder when in use. It is a powerful ranged weaponry that can destroy a mobile suit with one shot.
- Beam Vulcan/Beam Saber
- Mounted in both hands, the beam vulcans are the standard ranged weapon for most Vagan mobile suits. These beam weapons have a high rate of fire and are moderately powerful, capable of destroying small vehicles, buildings, and even mobile suits. The beam vulcans can also generate a beam saber each for close range combat, allowing Vagan mobile suits to switch quickly from ranged combat to close range combat. The beam sabers can easily cut through most mobile suits.
- Diffuse Beam Cannon
- Mounted in the chest. It fires a very wide beam and is mainly used for attacking enemies that stand before the Dorado.
- Triple Beam Vulcan
- An optional forearm-mounted weapon that is similar in design to a shield, it is armed with three built-in beam vulcans.
- Triple Missile Launcher
- An optional forearm-mounted weapon with similar design to the triple beam vulcan, but it has three built-in missile launchers instead.
Special Equipment & Features
The Dorado L first appeared in A.G. 141. and were piloted by Vagan squad leaders and commanders. One such unit was used by Daz Roden. Even in A.G. 164, the Dorado L was still deployed by the Vagan, despite the presence of the more advanced ovv-af Danazine. Some of these units were seen at the battle of Luna Base.
Notes and Trivia
- The Dorado L's name and yellow color scheme maybe a reference to El Dorado, which is Spanish for "the golden one". Interestingly, the Dorado L's designation ends with "el", which may cause people to misread it as "el Dorado".