Technology & Combat Characteristics
The ovm-e Dorado is the mass production successor of the ovv-f Gafran. As it was designed for a different operating condition, the Dorado doesn't have a flight mode for long distance travel like the Gafran, instead, it has heightened mobility for use under gravity. There are customized commander units with their basic performance and weaponry slightly different than the regular type.
In terms of armaments, the Dorado is highly similar to the Gafran and possesses a pair of hand-mounted beam vulcan/sabers, a chest-mounted diffuse beam cannon, and a tail-mounted beam rifle. For defense, the Dorado features electromagnetic armor on its arms for blocking beam weapons. Overall, the Dorado is a superior unit to the Federation's RGE-B890 Genoace II and RGE-C350 Shaldoll Custom.
- Beam Rifle
- Housed in the Dorado's tail, it can be held over or under the right shoulder when in use. It is a powerful ranged weaponry that can destroy a mobile suit with one shot.
- Beam Vulcan/Beam Saber
- Mounted in both hands, the beam vulcans are the standard ranged weapon for most Vagan mobile suits. These beam weapons have a high rate of fire and are moderately powerful, capable of destroying small vehicles, buildings, and even mobile suits. The beam vulcans can also generate a beam saber each for close range combat, allowing Vagan mobile suits to switch quickly from ranged combat to close range combat. The beam sabers can easily cut through most mobile suits.
- Diffuse Beam Cannon
- Mounted in the chest. It fires a very wide beam and is mainly used for attacking enemies that stand before the Dorado.
- Triple Beam Vulcan
- An optional forearm-mounted weapon that is similar in design to a shield, it is armed with three built-in beam vulcans.
- Triple Missile Launcher
- An optional forearm-mounted weapon with similar design to the triple beam vulcan, but it has three built-in missile launchers instead.
The ovm-e Dorado was a Vagan mobile suit in full mass production by the year A.G. 140, replacing the older ovv-f Gafran and ovv-a Baqto. It was introduced during the second phase of Operation Eden, and participated in a mission to draw out the AGE-1 Gundam AGE-1 Normal.
The Dorado performed well against the less advanced mobile suits of the Earth Federation such as the RGE-C350 Shaldoll Custom and RGE-B890 Genoace II, and was used throughout the following conflict as the Vagan's frontline unit. Even in A.G. 164, the Dorado was still used by the Vagan during their assault on Earth, despite the presence of the more advanced ovv-af Danazine.
- ↑ HG 1/144 xvv-xcr Zedas R manual
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 HG 1/144 ovm-e Dorado manual
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Hobby Japan Monthly, Hobby Japan, May 2012, JAN 4910081270529.
|Gundam Age: Memories of Sid Mechanics|
AGE-2DH Gundam AGE-2 Dark Hound | BMS-003 Shaldoll Rogue | BMS-004 G-Exes Jackedge | BMS-005 G-Xiphos
|Cruiser / Mother Ship|
AGE-2 Gundam AGE-2 Normal | RGE-B890 Genoace II | RGE-C350 Shaldoll Custom | RGE-G1100 Adele
|Cruiser / Mother Ship|
ovm-e Dorado | ovv-a Baqto | ovv-f Gafran