The Geminass suits were the first of Dr. Berg's experimental G-UNIT mobile suits, based loosely on the original OZ-00MS Tallgeese design. In its basic configuration, it is a capable ground combat mobile suit armed with beam swords and an accelerate rifle. Though many environmental adaptation modules were planned, the only one produced in time was the B-Unit, which gave the Geminass space mobility thrusters on its shoulders, legs, and backpack. These two Gundams (or G-UNITs) are modular in construction, allowing them to change nearly every part to adapt to specific environments. Aside from the modular design, the G-UNITs also feature another new innovative feature: the PX System. The PX System takes advantage of the increased adrenaline a pilot feels during combat and also increases the performance of the mobile suit. However, the PX System has a time limit which if passed has serious consequences for both the pilot and the suit. In addition to these features, the Geminass can also be equipped with a space unit for increased mobility and allowing it to maneuver and fight in exo-atmospheric conditions.
- Beam Sword
- The Gundam Geminass 02 is equipped with two beam swords stored in backpack recharge racks. The principle of these close combat weapons is energy being focused into a beam with a sword shape, and used to melt and cut through even the toughest armor
- G-UNIT Shield
- A basic optional arm-mounted defense armament for many mobile suits. The shield is a thick sheet of armor designed to take severe punishment that would normally destroy a mobile suit.
- Accelerate Rifle
- A handheld beam weapon, which can fire regular shots or charge up a "Hyper Shot" thanks to the particle accelerator lining its barrel.
- Laser Communication System
- A.I.-Equipped Fire Control System
- 3D Mostronics
- Mass Reaction Search System
- The PX System takes advantage of the increased adrenaline a pilot feels during combat and also increases the performance of the mobile suit, but does have a time limit which, if exceeded, has serious consequences for both the pilot and the suit.
- Land Unit
- Space Unit
- High Mobility Unit
In AC 195, five teenaged boys use Gundam mobile suits to wage a guerilla war against OZ and their oppression of the space colonies. Far removed from this conflict, new Gundam type mobile suits are being secretly constructed at the mobile suit factory asteroid MO-V. Developed by Dr. Berg, the OZX-GU01A Gundam Geminass 01 and OZX-GU02A Gundam Geminass 02 represent a change in mobile design philosophy. The Geminass 02 is assigned to Odel Bernett, the older brother of rookie pilot Odin. Although Odel performs well and is able to use the PX system, his Geminass 02 is damaged in battle and captured by OZ Prize. The damaged Geminass 02 is remodeled by OZ and re-designated as OZ-10VMSX Gundam Aesculapius. At this time, Odel goes undercover within OZ Prize under the alias 'Silver Clown'. After his cover is blown, he returns to MO-V with his upgraded Gundam.
Notes & Trivia
- The two Geminass units and their color schemes are possibly meant to be an homage to the RX-178 Gundam Mk-II, with unit 02 representing the Titans version.
OZ-06MS Leo | OZ-10VMSX Gundam Aesculapius | OZ-19MASX Gundam Griepe | OZX-GU01A Gundam Geminass 01 | OZX-GU01LOB Gundam L.O. Booster | OZX-GU02A Gundam Geminass 02
|Organization of the Zodiac / OZ Prize|
EWAC Leo | OZ-06MS-SN3 Leo-N | OZ-06MS-SR2 Leo-R | OZ-06MS-SS1 Leo-S | OZ-10VMSX Gundam Aesculapius | OZ-10VMSX-2 Gundam Burnlapius | OZ-12SMS Taurus | OZ-13MSX1B-S Vayeate Suivant | OZ-13MSX2B-S Mercurius Suivant | OZ-15AGX Hydra Gundam | OZ-19MASX Gundam Griepe
Bulge | Grand Chariot
|United Earth Sphere Alliance|
OZ-13MS Gundam Epyon
WF-02MD Virgo II
XXXG-01S Shenlong Gundam | XXXG-01W Wing Gundam