Technology & Combat Characteristics
The two Geminass units were the first of Dr. Berg's experimental G-UNIT mobile suits, based loosely on the original OZ-00MS Tallgeese. The Geminass is a general purpose MS intended to show off the basic traits of the G-UNIT series. Geminass 02 can be differentiated from its twin, the Geminass 01, through their different color schemes, with the former being painted navy blue and black with orange details.
Unlike other mobile suits of the time, the Geminass has a modular structure that allows it to change its parts to adapt to various combat situations and environment. An example is the space-use B-UNIT, which consisted of additional thrusters mounted on the Geminass' shoulders, legs, and backpack, greatly improving the suit's mobility in space. Another unique feature is the PX System, which takes advantage of the increased adrenaline a pilot feels during combat and also increases the performance of the mobile suit. However, the system has a time limit which if passed has serious consequences for both the pilot and the suit.
- Beam Sword
- The Gundam Geminass 02 is equipped with two beam swords stored in its backpack. The principle of these close combat weapons is energy being focused into a beam with a sword shape, and used to melt and cut through even the toughest armor
- G-UNIT Shield
- A basic arm-mounted defense armament for many mobile suits. The shield is a thick sheet of armor designed to take severe punishment that would normally destroy a mobile suit.
- Accelerate Rifle
- A prototype handheld weapon that can fire beams thanks to an internal particle accelerator. It is also fitted with an electromagnetic condenser that allows it to fire a charged "Hyper Shot".
Special Equipment & Features
- Laser Communication System
- A.I.-Equipped Fire Control System
- 3D Mostronics
- Mass Reaction Search System
- The PX System takes advantage of the increased adrenaline a pilot feels during combat and also increases the performance of the mobile suit, but does have a time limit which, if exceeded, has serious consequences for both the pilot and the suit.
- Land Unit
- Space Unit
- High Mobility Unit
In AC 195, five teenaged boys use Gundam mobile suits to wage a guerilla war against OZ and their oppression of the space colonies. Far removed from this conflict, new Gundam type mobile suits are being secretly constructed at the mobile suit factory asteroid MO-V. Developed by Dr. Berg, the OZX-GU01A Gundam Geminass 01 and OZX-GU02A Gundam Geminass 02 represent a change in mobile design philosophy. The Geminass 02 is assigned to Odel Bernett, the older brother of rookie pilot Odin. Although Odel performs well and is able to use the PX system, his Geminass 02 is damaged in battle and captured by OZ Prize. The damaged Geminass 02 is remodeled by OZ Prize and re-designated as OZ-10VMSX Gundam Aesculapius.
Notes & Trivia
- The two Geminass units and their color schemes are possibly an homage to the RX-178 Gundam Mk-II, with unit 02 representing the Titans version.
OZ-06MS Leo | OZ-10VMSX Gundam Aesculapius | OZ-19MASX Gundam Griepe | OZX-GU01A Gundam Geminass 01 | OZX-GU01LOB Gundam L.O. Booster | OZX-GU02A Gundam Geminass 02
|Organization of the Zodiac / OZ Prize|
EWAC Leo | OZ-06MS Leo | OZ-06MS-SN3 Leo-N | OZ-06MS-SR2 Leo-R | OZ-06MS-SS1 Leo-S | OZ-10VMSX Gundam Aesculapius | OZ-10VMSX-2 Gundam Burnlapius | OZ-12SMS Taurus | OZ-13MSX1B-S Vayeate Suivant | OZ-13MSX2B-S Mercurius Suivant | OZ-15AGX Hydra Gundam | OZ-19MASX Gundam Griepe
Bulge | Grand Chariot
|United Earth Sphere Alliance|
OZ-13MS Gundam Epyon
WF-02MD Virgo II
XXXG-01S Shenlong Gundam | XXXG-01W Wing Gundam