Technology & Combat Characteristics
Based off the Geminass 02, the Aesculapius was designed by the OZ Prize as a high mobility, assault mobile suit capable of transforming into a specialised "Close Combat" mode. It retains the innovative PX System present in the Geminass 02, which takes advantage of the increased adrenaline a pilot feels during combat and also increases the performance of the mobile suit, but does have a time limit which, if exceeded, has serious consequences for both the pilot and the suit. However, the Aesculapius' armaments are substantially changed. Furthermore, its new backpack and shoulder armor can flip forward for the switch to the close combat mode, where a set of python claws are mounted over the hands for melee combat and armed with four rapid shots. The suit also has a pair of beam swords.
- Beam Sword
- Python Claw
- Rapid Shot
Special Equipment & Features
- The PX system takes advantage of the increased adrenaline a pilot feels during combat and also increases the performance of the mobile suit, but does have a time limit which, if exceeded, has serious consequences for both the pilot and the suit.
- High-Torque Thruster
- Propellant Leg Tank
- Active Jammer
- Omnidirectional Active Scanner
Gundam Aesculapius was first used by OZ Prize pilot Roche Nattono to attack on MO-V. However, after his inability to use it properly, it was given to Silver Clown (Odel Bernett's undercover identity). Later, as Silver Clown, Odel secretly delivered the completed OZ-19MASX Gundam Griepe to his younger brother Odin. When Odel's plan was discovered by OZ Prize commander Valder Farkill, he returned to MO-V and brought the Aesculapius with him.
In the second Turn-A Gundam Manga, Corin Nander piloted the Gundam Aesculapius instead of the AMX-109 Kapool Corin Nander Custom.
Notes & Trivia
- Gundam Aesculapius's Close Combat mode is similar in appearance to the MSM-07 Z'Gok from the Universal Century.
- Aesculapius is the Roman god of medicine and healing with its Greek counterpart being Asclepius.
- ↑ Aesculapius. (n.d.) Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014. (1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014). Retrieved March 1 2017 from http://www.thefreedictionary.com/Aesculapius
OZ-06MS Leo | OZ-10VMSX Gundam Aesculapius | OZ-19MASX Gundam Griepe | OZX-GU01A Gundam Geminass 01 | OZX-GU01LOB Gundam L.O. Booster | OZX-GU02A Gundam Geminass 02
|Organization of the Zodiac / OZ Prize|
EWAC Leo | OZ-06MS Leo | OZ-06MS-SN3 Leo-N | OZ-06MS-SR2 Leo-R | OZ-06MS-SS1 Leo-S | OZ-10VMSX Gundam Aesculapius | OZ-10VMSX-2 Gundam Burnlapius | OZ-12SMS Taurus | OZ-13MSX1B-S Vayeate Suivant | OZ-13MSX2B-S Mercurius Suivant | OZ-15AGX Hydra Gundam | OZ-19MASX Gundam Griepe
Bulge | Grand Chariot
|United Earth Sphere Alliance|
OZ-13MS Gundam Epyon
WF-02MD Virgo II
XXXG-01S Shenlong Gundam | XXXG-01W Wing Gundam
|∀ Gundam Mechanics|
AMX-109 Kapool | AMX-109 Kapool Corin Nander Custom | Armadillo | High Heel | MS-05 Borjarnon Gavane Goonny Custom | MS-06 Borjarnon | NRS-P701R Godwin | OZ-10VMSX Gundam Aesculapius | SYSTEM ∀-99 ∀ Gundam
Armored Car | Gun Emplacement Truck
Bull-One | Hipheavy
|Cruiser / Mother Ship|
CONCEPT-X 6-1-2 Turn X | FLAT-L06D FLAT | G-838 Mahiroo | G-M1F Bandit | G-M2F Zssan | JMA-0530 Walking Dome | MRC-F20 SUMO | MRC-F31 Muttowooo | MRC-U11D Walking Dumpling | NRS-P701 Gozzo | SPA-51 Cannon Illefuto | SYSTEM ∀-99 ∀ Gundam | TAF-M9 Eagail
MR-SPI05Ω"Jet Stream" | MRC-C03 Bellona
|Cruiser / Mother Ship|
Almaiya class | Aspite | Gendarme | Soleil