Technology & Combat Characteristics
Based off the OZ-10VMSX Gundam Aesculapius, the Burnlapius was designed to be a heavy assault mobile suit capable of transforming into a stronger "duel mode" for close combat. In this configuration, the backpack is mounted onto the head and the shoulder-mounted Golem Claws mount over the hands like a pair of gloves. It has a copy of the PX system, but lacks a limiter as Dr. Berg deliberately chose to not install one.
- Assault Bayonet
- A sword that mounts over the right arm of the unit.
- Rapid Shot
- A pair of rapid-fire beam guns are mounted on the top near the hilt of the blade.
- Golem Claw
- A pair of claws that are connected to the unit's arms in "duel mode", they can be extended for medium-range combat.
- EMF Shield
- Equipped on the left arm, it emits an magnetic anti-field that can block both projectile and beam shots.
Special Equipment & Features
- The PX System takes advantage of the increased adrenaline a pilot feels during combat and also increases the performance of the mobile suit, but does have a time limit which, if exceeded, has serious consequences for both the pilot and the suit. Dr. Berg disabled the system's limiters for Burnlapius, allowing for the PX Overdrive mode that vastly improves performance, while also increasing risk to the pilot's life.
The Burnlapius was intended to be fielded against MO-V and their G-UNITs. In its second sortie, the PX System overloaded after being pushed past normal operating limits despite the warnings of his opponent who was aware of the dangers of its overuse. The Burnlapius exploded from the overload, killing Kratz Silvy.
Notes & Trivia
- Gundam Burnlapius's duel mode is similar to the MSM-03C Hygogg from the Universal Century.
- The Gundam Burnlapius used to share a similar color scheme with the Aesculapius but has recently changed to a more bluish color scheme, likely to differentiate with the latter.
- The Burnlapius is the only Gundam unit from G-Unit to not have a Gunpla of it's own.
OZ-06MS Leo | OZ-10VMSX Gundam Aesculapius | OZ-19MASX Gundam Griepe | OZX-GU01A Gundam Geminass 01 | OZX-GU01LOB Gundam L.O. Booster | OZX-GU02A Gundam Geminass 02
|Organization of the Zodiac / OZ Prize|
EWAC Leo | OZ-06MS Leo | OZ-06MS-SN3 Leo-N | OZ-06MS-SR2 Leo-R | OZ-06MS-SS1 Leo-S | OZ-10VMSX Gundam Aesculapius | OZ-10VMSX-2 Gundam Burnlapius | OZ-12SMS Taurus | OZ-13MSX1B-S Vayeate Suivant | OZ-13MSX2B-S Mercurius Suivant | OZ-15AGX Hydra Gundam | OZ-19MASX Gundam Griepe
Bulge | Grand Chariot
|United Earth Sphere Alliance|
OZ-13MS Gundam Epyon
WF-02MD Virgo II
XXXG-01S Shenlong Gundam | XXXG-01W Wing Gundam