Technology & Combat Characteristics
The Aries is developed for aerial combat and capable of independent atmospheric flight thanks to the jet engines in its large, back-mounted flight unit. It adopts a simplified transformation system where it changes into flight mode by folding its legs into the thighs. Its wings have a number of hardpoints for mounting weapons, which can also be held in the Aries' hands. While the OZ-06MS Leo can be fitted with an optional flight unit, this is only suitable for a short distance and has inferior flight capabilities when compared to the Aries'. Outside of its flight capabilities, the Aries also has better weapons and faster speed than the Leo. However, it has inferior power and armor capabilities.
- Chain Rifle
- A projectile weapon that can be mounted on the wings of the Aries or hand carried.
- Missile Pod
- An optional weapon that can be mounted on the wings of the Aries or hand carried.
- Beam Cannon
- A large, long range weapon originally used by the OZ-12SMS Taurus, it fires a powerful beam that can destroy even Gundanium armor.
- Buster Rifle
- The main weapon of the XXXG-01W Wing Gundam. Its energy cartridges allow it to fire three powerful beam shots, each comparable in power to a battleship's main guns and capable of destroying a small group of mobile suits and ships.
Special Equipment & Features
- Wing Hardpoints
- The wings of the Aries has hardpoints to mount weapons such as missile pods, chain rifle, etc.
Developed around the same time as the OZ-06MS Leo, the Aries entered mass production in A.C. 177 and served as the primary aerial force of the world's armies for nearly twenty years. In A.C. 195, the Gundams arrived on Earth and proved to be much superior to most of the mobile suits then, including the Aries.
Notes and Trivia
- The Aries's name is derived from "Aries" - the first Zodiac sign meaning "Ram".
OZ-06MS Leo | OZ-10VMSX Gundam Aesculapius | OZ-19MASX Gundam Griepe | OZX-GU01A Gundam Geminass 01 | OZX-GU01LOB Gundam L.O. Booster | OZX-GU02A Gundam Geminass 02
|Organization of the Zodiac / OZ Prize|
EWAC Leo | OZ-06MS Leo | OZ-06MS-SN3 Leo-N | OZ-06MS-SR2 Leo-R | OZ-06MS-SS1 Leo-S | OZ-10VMSX Gundam Aesculapius | OZ-10VMSX-2 Gundam Burnlapius | OZ-12SMS Taurus | OZ-13MSX1B-S Vayeate Suivant | OZ-13MSX2B-S Mercurius Suivant | OZ-15AGX Hydra Gundam | OZ-19MASX Gundam Griepe
Bulge | Grand Chariot
|United Earth Sphere Alliance|
OZ-13MS Gundam Epyon
WF-02MD Virgo II
XXXG-01S Shenlong Gundam | XXXG-01W Wing Gundam