The OZ-00MS Tallgeese Flügel is a variation of the OZ-00MS Tallgeese appearing in New Mobile Report Gundam Wing Endless Waltz: The Glory of Losers.
Technology & Combat Characteristics
The Tallgeese Flugel is a variant of the OZ-00MS Tallgeese created by Mike Howard, who has outfitted it for space use. The original back-mounted thruster units are replaced by four angelic wing binders lined with many thrusters, granting the Tallgeese great speed and manoeuvrability in space. The two larger wings can function as shields when positioned in front of the suit.
- Dober Gun
- The Tallgeese's standard equipment. It uses a cartridge system and fires beams from its long barrel. One shot can easily penetrate MS armor.
- "Tempest" Heat Lance
- As its name implies, the "Tempest" Heat Lance uses thermal energy to heat the lance to super-high temperatures for penetrating the armor of other mobile weapons. It was built as an anti-Gundam measure based on the late Walker's data. It can also emit energy, canceling out enemy's beam bullets. Can be fixed on the arm or be handheld by adding an optional gun grip.
- Beam Saber
- The Tallgeese Flugel is equipped with two beam sabers stored within the pylons that connect its two smaller wings to the back. These close combat weapons focused energy into a blade-shaped beam to melt and cut through enemy's armor.
- The Tallgeese Flugel can carry a round shield to defend against beam and physical attacks. It hangs off the shoulder, granting a free hand to hold other weapons.
- Large Missile Launcher
- Four large missile launchers can be mounted in pairs on each of the Tallgeese Flugel's shoulders, the missiles' large size made them ideal anti-ship weapons.
Special Equipment & Features
- Self-Destruct System
- The Tallgeese Flugel was built to self-destruct should the pilot choose to. A remote detonator is placed within the cockpit and if a dire situation arrives, the pilot can destroy the Mobile Suit. The system was designed to overload its power systems and has enough explosive power to destroy several city blocks. It's a last option tactic if the pilot is incapable of protecting the Mobile Suit, while not allowing it to fall into enemy hands. It also can be used as one large explosive device to eradicate large targets.
The Tallgeese was upgraded by Mike Howard to effectively fight in space. Zechs Merquise used the new Tallgeese Flugel to battle OZ Mobile Dolls and Mobile Doll carriers in space. Shortly after Duo Maxwell defeated Trant Clark in the Wing Proto Zero, Zechs attempted to join up with the Gundam pilot and recover the Proto Zero's remains. Unfortunately, Zechs was drawn into battle against Duo, resulting in the Tallgeese Flugel sustaining heavy damage, with its Tempest Heat Lance destroyed. Eventually, the Proto Zero was recovered by Zechs and brought to the Peacemillion along with the damaged Tallgeese Flugel. Due to the extent of the damage, the Tallgeese Flugel was deemed unsalvageable and was decommissioned. However, Mike was able to use parts from the Tallgeese Flugel - including its prominent wing binders - to repair the Proto Zero into the Wing Zero. Zechs felt as though the new Wing Zero carried the Tallgeese's soul, and thus took it to Earth.