|“||It's the Tallgeese that's coming. I can guess who the pilot is.||”|
Technology & Combat Characteristics
Built from the spare parts of the OZ-00MS Tallgeese, the Tallgeese II retains all its armaments - a Dober Gun for ranged attacks and two beam sabers stored in a rack behind the shield for close combat. Besides a new color scheme, the suit also features a more Gundam-like face as well as a new head crest.
- Dober Gun
- Mounted on the right shoulder, it is the Tallgeese II's standard ranged weapon. It fires a powerful beam capable of destroying an enemy mobile suit easily, and its large radius allows it to hit multiple targets at once.
- The Tallgeese II carries a round shield to defend against beam and physical attacks. It hangs off the left shoulder, granting the suit a free hand to hold other weapons. The shield stores a pair of beam sabers on its back.
- Beam Saber
- A beam saber is a small, handheld, close combat weapon powered by an internal energy capacitor. It focuses plasma into a blade shape and can cut through any object not treated with an anti-beam coating. The Tallgeese II has two beam sabers stored in a rack behind its shield.
- Heat Saber
- As its name implies, the heat saber uses thermal energy to heat the saber's blade to super-high temperatures for slicing through the armor of other mobile weapons. Used only by the "Glory of the Losers" manga version of the Tallgeese II, Treize chose it as the mobile suit's main weapon to suppress energy consumption in anticipation of the prolonged fighting with the White Fang.
During the Eve Wars at the end of AC 195, Treize Khushrenada, in his position as leader of OZ and the World Nation, decided to personally lead his soldiers into the final battle in space. His personal mobile suit in this battle was the Tallgeese II, which was built using spare parts of the original Tallgeese, but with a new blue-on-white paint scheme, a Gundam-style face and "plume" on the head.
White Fang assault
During the assault against the White Fang, Treize personally led his troops towards the almighty Libra battleship. After having the Leo carriers hold their position, Treize flew the Tallgeese II within the firing range of the Libra's main cannon, challenging Milliardo to a duel.
After being denied his request, Treize demanded that Milliardo fire on his Tallgeese II in order to end the war. The Tallgeese II would have been destroyed by the Libra's main cannon if not for the Wing Gundam knocking it out of the cannon's blast. Lady Une revealed herself to be the Wing Gundam's pilot and reminded Treize that 'one must fight the battle in order to witness its true beauty'. After this, Treize ordered the destruction of the Libra and proceeded to shoot down numerous Virgo IIs.
During the battle, Treize encountered Gundam pilot Wufei in the XXXG-01S2 Altron Gundam and fought a one on one duel with him. Despite having the upper hand in the fight, Treize ultimately allows Wufei to pierce the Tallgeese II's cockpit, causing it to explode and killing Treize.
Notes and Trivia
- The limited edition of MG Tallgeese II was first released on March 2013 for ¥3,990 yen. It comes with a set of water decals and two 1/100 unpainted figurines of Lady Une and Treize Khushrenada.
- The original 1/144 Tallgeese II model released in 1996 was the only model of the line to require painting in order to achieve its proper likeness. This is due to the fact the model was the original 1/144 Tallgeese model, molded in its original black and white plastic, while packaged with additional parts to form the new head. If the plastic were to be produced in blue, due to the part setup of the original model, the white portions of the Tallgeese II would also be cast in blue.