Technology & Combat Characteristics
After its capture by Mars Zeon, the F90 Gundam F90 Unit 2 was extensively modified. As part of the modifications, the mobile suit's parts are made compatible with those used by Mars Zeon and this mainly affected its drive systems-related parts. More than 80% of the mobile suit's exterior has been replaced, with the priority given to parts with high wear rates. Mars Zeon also has a tendency to change the appearance of their mobile suits, and with its enlarged forehead sensor, spike armor on the left shoulder, additional attitude control thrusters, etc., the Gundam now bears a closer resemblance to old Principality of Zeon's mobile suit.
Although the most prominent feature of the original Gundam F90, the ability to mount the Mission Packs, has been removed, the Mars Zeon installed a different hardpoint system as they plan on equipping the modified Gundam F90 Unit 2 with new optional equipment. Notably, the forearms are now equipped with connection mounts capable of supplying huge amount of energy, and one theory is that this is for the equipping of beam shields. Other parts of the Gundam F90 Unit 2 such as its basic avionics system and the pseudo-personality computer remain untouched, and so its performance is mostly unchanged. However, the Gundam's mobility is slightly lowered due to being heavier, but it has improved defensive power in close combat and this resulted in the mobile suit's individual performance being enhanced.
- Vulcan Gun
- A pair of shell-firing weapon built into the head. Though not powerful, its high rate of fire meant it was employed to intercept incoming missiles, etc.
- Beam Saber
- The beam saber is a small device held in the mobile suit's hands when deployed and is powered by a rechargeable energy capacitor. It emits high-energy Minovsky particles to form a blade-shaped I-field (via manipulation of electromagnetic fields), and then fills this I-field shell with superheated Minovsky particle plasma to produce an effective cutting blade. The OMS-90R Gundam F90 has one beam saber stored on the backpack.
- Anti-MS Grenade
- The OMS-90R Gundam F90 mounts four grenades on its side skirt armor hardpoints for use against enemy mobile suits.
- Machine Gun
- A portable firearm that uses live ammunition. When not in use, it is stored on the rear skirt armor's weapon rack.
Special Equipment & Features
- Type-C.A. Pseudo-Personality Computer
- Inherited from the Gundam F90 Unit 2, it improves the mobile suit's mobility and is said to be programmed with the pseudo-personality of Char Aznable.
- Weapon Rack
- The OMS-90R Gundam F90 has a weapon rack on its rear skirt armor for storing external weapons such as the Machine Gun.
The Gundam F90 Unit 2 was captured by the Mars Zeon near Side 4 and then modified using the parts they have and repainted in a distinctive red-orange-white color scheme. The Federation's 13th Autonomous Fleet was subsequently sent to destroy Mars Zeon and recapture Unit 2. During the fight in the Mars Zeon's base, the modified Unit 2 piloted by Bosch battled against the Gundam F90 Unit 1 piloted by Def Stallion. Both units were heavily damaged, but in a final move reminiscent of the final battle between the RX-78-2 Gundam and the MSN-02 Zeong, Unit 1 emerged victorious. The remains of both machines were retrieved and Unit 2 was rebuilt into the F90II Gundam F90II.
|Mobile Suit Gundam F90 Mechanics|
AMS-119S Geara Doga Kai | F70 Cannon Gundam | F90 Gundam F90 | F90A Gundam F90 Assault Type | F90D Gundam F90 Destroid Type | F90E Gundam F90 Electronic Type | F90H Gundam F90 Hover Type | F90M Gundam F90 Marine Type | F90P Gundam F90 Plunge Type | F90S Gundam F90 Support Type | F90V Gundam F90 VSBR Type | F90II Gundam F90II | F90II-I Gundam F90II Intercept Type | F90II-L Gundam F90II Long Range Type | RGM-89J Jegan Normal Type | RGM-89ST-2 ST-Gun
|Transporter / Supply Ship|
|Cruiser / Mother Ship|
Irish-class | Ra Cailum-class
OMS-06RF RF Zaku | OMS-07RF RF Gouf | OMS-09DRF RF Desert Dom | OMS-09RF RF Dom | OMS-14RF RF Gelgoog | OMS-14SRF RF Gelgoog Charles Rochester Type | OMS-15RF RF Gyan | OMS-90R Gundam F90 | OMSM-07RF RF Z'Gok
OMAX-01 Grand Zam | OMAX-03RF RF Adzam
|Aircraft / Spacecraft|