Technology & Combat Characteristics
A variant of the OMS-09RF RF Dom used by Mars Zeon in the early UC 0120s. The RF Desert Dom is designed for use in the harsh desert and tropical climate regions of Earth, equipped with shielding and dust covers over its joints and other internal systems as necessary. The RF Desert Dom is also outfitted with high-powered jet thrusters in its legs, allowing the mobile suit to hover across desert sand dunes at very high speed.
- Scattering Mega Particle Gun
- Equipped in the abdomen. It releases a spray of beam energy powerful enough to cause wide-spread damage to enemy mobile suits.
- Beam Saber
- The beam saber emits high-energy Minovsky particles to form a blade-shaped I-field (via manipulation of electromagnetic fields), and then fills this I-field shell with superheated Minovsky particle plasma to produce an effective cutting blade. The RF Desert Dom is equipped with a beam saber stored on the rear armor.
- Grenade Launcher
- The RF Desert Dom has a grenade launcher capable of holding eight grenades mounted into its backpack.
- Beam Bazooka
- The beam bazooka is essentially a beam rifle, but on a slightly larger scale. It fires slower moving mega particles, causing its beam to widen and allowing the beam to cause damage over a greater area, ideal for dealing with battleships or catching multiple mobile suits off-guard.
When the Oldsmobile Army eventually invaded Earth in U.C. 0122, allying with the Crossbone Vanguard, a land combat/tropical climate variant of the RF Rick Dom was developed. Although a majority of them are used in desert areas, a minor variation known as Snow Dom used in cold climate areas also existed.
- OMS-09SRF RF Snow Dom
Notes and Trivia