Technology & Combat Characteristics
Built by the Mars Zeon faction stationed on Mars, the RF Gouf resembled the old MS-07 Gouf series of mobile suits. Although it resembled the older mobile suit, the RF Gouf had a redesigned internal structure featuring modern parts and designs. This in turn allowed the RF Gouf to have a performance on par with modern mobile suits. While it is designed primarily for ground combat, it can also be operated in space.
- Vulcan Gun
- These head mounted shell firing weapons have a high-rate of fire, but little power and are generally ineffective against mobile suits; however, they can damage lightly armored areas such as the sensors. They are ideal for shooting down small, lightly armored targets such as missiles, small vehicles, etc.
- Beam Rod
- A close-range weapon installed in the right forearm of the RF Gouf. This retractable cable can generate a beam at the tip.
- 5-barrel Machine Gun
- The RF Gouf's regular left manipulator is replaced by a five-barrel 75mm machine gun shaped like enlarged fingers. It fires physical rounds at a rapid rate, and despite its bulky and awkward appearance, its barrels demonstrate limited degree of digital dexterity allowing the ability to adequately grip the beam sword.
- Beam Sword
- The RF Gouf's main close combat weapon, the power of the beam sword is significantly higher than that of ordinary beam sabers.
- Beam Rifle
- The standard ranged armament of many mobile suits is the beam rifle, it fires a particle beam that can penetrate almost any armor that has not been treated with specific counter-measures.
- Beam Bazooka
- The beam bazooka utilizes the technology of a beam rifle on a slightly larger scale. The beam bazooka fires slower moving mega particles, causing its beam to widen and allowing the beam to cause damage over a greater area, ideal for dealing with battleships or catching multiple mobile suits off-guard.
Notes and Trivia