Technology & Combat Characteristics
This is accomplished by the four large shoulder binders similar to that of the Quin-Mantha, each binder storing a pair of mega particle cannons, beam saber holding sub-arms and six funnels. The main body of the Kshatriya also has four mega particle cannons and two beam sabers. Also, the beam gatling gun used by the RX-0 Unicorn Gundam originally belonged to the Kshatriya. Its original psycommu system was also replaced with a more effective psychoframe.
- Beam Gatling Gun
- This beam gatling gun is a powerful hand-carried weapon that is capable of rapidly firing a concentrated hail of beam fire. However, the Kshatriya was never seen using it as it has appeared in the hands of the RX-0 Unicorn Gundam. It's unsure of how it was acquired by the Unicorn, but it could be that the weapon was left behind when the Kshatriya was stolen by the Sleeves.
- Beam Saber
- The Kshatriya is armed with a total of six beam sabers for melee combat. Two are located in the forearms to allow for quick responses to close combat threats, while the remaining four are hidden - together with four sub-arms - in the Kshatriya's binders. These four sabers are likely fall-backs to allow the Kshatriya to fight off multiple enemies, or as a trump card to allow it to catch unsuspecting foes off-guard. The generated beams are strong enough to cut through standard mobile suit armor with ease.
- The Kshatriya is armed with a grand total of twenty-four funnels for all-range attacks. Each funnel possesses a powerful beam gun that is capable of melting an enemy mobile suit's armor. Six are stored within each of the Kshatriya's four binders, and are remotely controlled primarily through use of the psychoframe-equipped cockpit. These funnels are used primarily to allow the Kshatriya to engage large numbers of enemies at the same time, or to allow it to overwhelm a powerful foe. However, they are shown to be vulnerable to the RX-0 Unicorn Gundam's NT-D System.
- Mega Particle Cannon
- The Kshatriya is armed with an incredible twelve mega particle cannons. Four are mounted on the chest, giving the Kshatriya great firepower in its forward arc. They can be fired together to create a single and very powerful linked beam, or to fire a scattering beam in a manner similar to a shotgun. Two more of these cannons are mounted on each binder, allowing the Kshatriya to fight off enemies from virtually any direction.
- Psycoframe cockpit
- The Psychoframe cockpit helps its pilot control the funnels and the suit itself.
- The sub-arms can also be used to destroy an opposing mobile suit's arm simply by latching on to it, or used to capture a mobile suit, as shown by its capture of the Unicorn.
The Kshatriya was stolen by remnants of Neo Zeon called "The Sleeves" and is Marida Cruz's personal unit. It is first seen in combat against three Jegans during its trip to the Industrial 7 colony. After being alerted to Londo Bell forces near around the colony, Marida Cruz uses the Kshatriya to attack the enemy mobile suits consisting of RGM-89D Jegans, RGZ-95 ReZeLs, and RGZ-95C ReZeL Commander Types in order to give Suberoa Zinnerman and their ship Garancieres to escape. The resulting battle ends up reaching the colony interior and results in severe civilain casualties. Despite being significantly outnumbered, the Kshatriya manages to destroy a majority of the mobile suits.
Marida Cruz later manages to locate Mineva Lao Zabi, but is ambushed by a D-50C Loto and ends up losing her and destroying the Loto. Upon recovering however, she was unable to search for Mineva, as the RX-0 Unicorn Gundam, piloted by Banagher Links, attacked the Kshatriya and forced Marida outside of the colony. There, the Unicorn Gundam's Destroyer Mode activated, and the Kshatriya lost two of its shoulder binders and several funnels in the resulting battle. Upon the recovery of Suberoa, Marida broke off from the battle and retreated.
The Kshatriya is again during "The Second Coming of Char" and ambushes the Unicorn Gundam and takes it to the Palau Colony.
- Kshatriya is the military and ruling order of Hinduism.
- In Gundam Vs Gundam Next plus Kshatriya also Unlockable as a PSP exclusive unit.
- In Gundam Extreme Vs, the Kshatriya is also an unlockable unit in the arcade version.