U.C. 0096. Three years after Char's Rebellion, Banagher Links, a boy living at the manufacturing colony Industrial 7, meets a mysterious girl who calls herself Audrey Burne. Audrey claims that she is trying to stop the Vist Foundation from handing over Laplace's Box to the Neo Zeon remnants known as the Sleeves, an act which could spark another war, and Banagher decides to help her. But the colony becomes a battlefield as fighting breaks out between the Sleeves and the Earth Federation Forces, who have also come to stop the handover. As Banagher runs through the battle in search of Audrey, he has a fateful encounter with a white mobile suit, the Unicorn Gundam, which is the key to Laplace's Box.
What is Laplace's Box? What secret does it contain? The hundred-year curse of the Universal Century is about to be resolved.
|#||Episode Title||Japanese Airdate||English Airdate|
|1||Departure 0096||3 April 2016||7 January 2017|
|2||First Blood||10 April 2016||14 January 2017|
|3||They Called It Gundam||17 April 2016||21 January 2017|
|4||Full Frontal's Pursuit||24 April 2016||28 January 2017|
|5||Clash with the Red Comet||1 May 2016||4 February 2017|
|6||Under the Mask||8 May 2016||11 February 2017|
|7||The Battle of Palau||15 May 2016||18 February 2017|
|8||Laplace, Where It All Began||22 May 2016||25 February 2017|
|9||Retribution||29 May 2016||4 March 2017|
|10||From the Scorching Earth||5 June 2016||11 March 2017|
|11||Battle at Torrington||12 June 2016||18 March 2017|
|12||A Private War||26 June 2016||25 March 2017|
|13||Banagher Links, Soldier||3 July 2016||1 April 2017|
|14||Clash of the Two Unicorns||17 July 2016||8 April 2017|
|15||Waiting in Space||24 July 2016||15 April 2017|
|16||The Side Co-Prosperity Sphere|
Anaheim Industrial College
Earth Federation Forces
- Riddhe Marcenas
- Otto Midas
- Liam Borrinea
- Daguza Mackle
- Mihiro Oiwakken
- Conroy Haagensen
- Bright Noa
- Nigel Garrett
- Daryl McGuinness
- Watts Stepney
Third Neo Zeon (The Sleeves)
- Full Frontal
- Suberoa Zinnerman
- Marida Cruz
- Angelo Sauper
- Flaste Schole
- Gilboa Sant
- Hill Dawson
The broadcast features new animated footage and narrations by Full Frontal's voice actors; Shuichi Ikeda and Keith Silverstein in the Japanese and English version, respectively. There is also a new opening and two new ending themes all composed by Hiroyuki Sawano, the first opening theme titled "Into the Sky" will be performed by SawanoHiroyuki[nZk]:Tielle, the first ending theme titled "Next 2U -eUC-" will be performed by SawanoHiroyuki[nZk]:naNami and the second ending theme titled "bL∞dy f8 -eUC-" will be performed by SawanoHiroyuki[nZk]:Aimer.
|Into the Sky||SawanoHiroyuki[nZk]:Tielle||1 - 17, 19 - 22|
|Next 2U -eUC-||SawanoHiroyuki[nZk]:naNami||1-8, 10-12.|
|bL∞dy f8 -eUC-||SawanoHiroyuki[nZk]:Aimer||13-21.|
Notes & Trivia
- The English dub starting airing on Adult Swim's Toonami block on January 7, 2017, making it the first Universal Century anime since Mobile Suit Gundam: The 08th MS Team to air on American television.
- In addition, it is also the first Universal Century anime to air on the Toonami block in the Adult Swim era.
- The last episode of Mobile Suit Gundam: Unicorn RE:0096 aired on June 10, 2017 and replaced the following week by Lupin The Third Part IV on Adult Swim's Toonami block.
- Unicorn RE:0096 is the only series set in the Universal Century to not be directed by Yoshiyuki Tomino, and the shortest series overall.
- ↑ Crunchyroll — "Gundam Unicorn" TV Broadcast Confirmed
- ↑ Crunchyroll — Hiroyuki Sawano Performs OP / ED Themes for "Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn RE: 0096"
- ↑ Re0096_Eng_PV — Gundam Global Portal
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 「MOBILE SUIT GUNDAM UNICORN RE:0096」 streams subtitled in English on GUNDAM.INFO beginning April 3rd!