|Please note that this is the Gundam Wiki's article on the manga series, Mobile Suit Gundam F90; if you are looking for the article on the titular mobile suit of this series then you should head to F90 Gundam F90.|
Mobile Suit Gundam F90 (機動戦士ガンダムF90) is a 1990 manga series that serves as a prologue to the movie Mobile Suit Gundam F91. F90 sets the stage for some of the important events that would happen in F91, and also provides important details of the UC universe since Char's Counterattack. The manga eventually spurred a tie in model kit series.
Gundam F90 begins with the Jupiter Energy Fleet Supply Ship Kobayashi Maru returning from Jupiter to the Earth Sphere. The ships operator soon detects an abnormal spread of Minovsky Particles in the area. Immediately soon after the Kobayashi Maru is sunk by an unknown enemy and flash forwards three days to a test piloting of the new Gundam F90 mobile suit.
During testing of the F90, one of several people aboard the Admiral Tianem (Named after the famous Earth Federation general who led the final assault on Zeon in the One Year War in Operation Star One) a Ra Cailum-class ship, which the F90 is attached to, Lieutenant Bosch, the man in charge of the test team, comments that he is impressed with the SNRI’s (Strategic Naval Research Institute, the group that designed the Formula series of Mobile Suits) idea of scaling down mobile suits to enhance performance while minimizing target space and getting rid of useless armor that would not protect the unit in the age of beam weaponry. He is also impressed that the Formula series is still highly maneuverable despite the smaller size and reduced number of thrusters. An engineer says that SNRI hopes to return mobile suits to their original purpose of construction and to eliminate the use of them as weapons of war.
- Chapter 1: Contact
- Chapter 2: Losses
- Chapter 3: Departure
- Chapter 4: Doubts
- Chapter 5: Mars
- Chapter 6: Assault
- Chapter 7: Invasion
- Chapter 8: Final
List of Mechanics
- F70 Cannon Gundam
- AMS-119S Geara Doga Kai (Sid Amber Custom)
- F90 Gundam F90
- F90A Gundam F90 Assault Type
- F90D Gundam F90 Destroid Type
- F90E Gundam F90 Electronic Type
- F90H Gundam F90 Hover Type
- F90II Gundam F90II
- F90II-I Gundam F90II Intercept Type
- F90II-L Gundam F90II Long Range Type
- F90M Gundam F90 Marine Type
- F90S Gundam F90 Support Type
- RGM-89J Jegan Normal Type
- RGM-89ST-2 ST-Gun
Vehicles and Support Units
Vehicles and Support Units
- Mobile Suit Gundam F90 was listed as a featured series in Super Robot Wars α. However, its only representative was F90V Gundam F90 VSBR Type, which did not actually appear in the manga.
- The scenario in which the freighter Kobayashi Maru was destroyed is a possible reference to the infamous Starfleet training exercise in the Star Trek universe, the Kobayashi Maru simulation.
- Vol 1 ISBN 4-89189-149-1
- Mobile Suit Gundam F90 on MAHQ.net
- Mobile Suit Gundam F90 on Zeonic|Scanlations.net