Can you help me move RAG-79-G1 Waterproof Gundam to "RAG-79-G1 Gundam Marine Type"? I don't think I can find any official source that called it "Waterproof Gundam". Both Great Mechanics and Mobile Suit Illustrated 2015 just called it "Marine Type Gundam" or "Gundam Marine Type".
Hello Zeph08, I've noticed your edits on the YMS-01A Union Flag article and others regarding the change of power source type terminology in the infobox from 'Solar Energy System' to 'Solar Power Generation System'.
That just describes the orbital elevator system's photovoltaic array though, to be more specific the power source of the Flag and Enact etc. are the rectennae they utilise to receive energy from their respective faction's power receiver networks via microwave transmissions.
Would you be interested in discussing the most correct terminology to use in the infoboxes of those articles regarding the power source? There might be others interested in this as well.
Since the solar power that the Enact and Flag received via microwave is from the Solar Power Generation System, i dont see why not listing that as the power source. I view the antennas, etc as just a means, not a source. I think that's all i have to say. Have fun with ur research.
Haha well that kind of logic would dictate that the sun itself be listed as the power source.
Now not all of the articles for the Anno Domini mobile suits that use rectennae to receive microwave transmissions from the power receiver networks have been edited to show your use of terminology in the infobox, is there a reason for this?
Well in case anyone sees this message thread and is interested in discussing it, then my suggestion for the power source terminology in the infoboxes would be rectennae, as that word by itself is much more descriptive and requires no other context for comprehension like the terminology of 'Solar Energy System' and 'Solar Power Generation System' do.
And it would take about a couple of minutes to edit the remaining articles though, there are only a few Anno Domini mobile suits that use that type of power source, that's why it looks strange.
I have explained myself pretty clear in the notes & trivia section i think. Just some points to add on. While the added shields look similar to Shinki Kessho's, whether they are the same is unknown as the animation quality is not that good and the amount of time we get to look at them is simply too short to make that a definitive judgement (hence, i noted in the page that the new parts are 'similar'). For similar reason, the same can be said of the missing components.
The final two nails on the coffin for me is that the HGBD manual noted the Shinki Kessho's motif is the Full Armor Unicorn, which the RX-Zeromaru with new parts in ep 23 to first half of 25 did not fully comply with. The manual also noted that the Shinki Kessho's psycho-frame is always green, which again, the RX-Zeromaru in these epsiode isnt in.
Overall, I prefer to be on the safe side and put the Gunpla under the normal RX-Zeromaru than the Shinki Kessho as the Gunpla did not fully match the latter's specs. Put it another way, in a game, if you are halfway to gaining sufficient exp to level up, your level would still be listed as the lower level and not the higher level you are on the way to achieving.
Oh, as for the Gundam The End's Ikkaku, that is simply the anime not showing the "Tsunowaru" form, not a missing component. A similar comparison for this case, would be how the GBD anime did not show the Shinki Kessho's Real Mode.
No evidence that Freedom ejected its reactor, the scene in question only has the word 'nuclear reactor cut off', which could mean shutting off the reactor. Sure the MG Ver 2 mention the Freedom exploded but no mention of reactor ejection or nuclear explosion.
1) for the slashed cockpit part, it is still there, read again.
2) Freedom got a stab in the abdomen, even if the nuclear reactor did not explode, something else could. Also i believe Minerva's positron cannon hit the Archangel's ejected propellant tank or something like that and that could also generate a huge. TBH, this subject has generated a lot of heated discussions with no definite answer, best to agree to disagree and leave things ambigous.
3) Micro Hide Bomb is from the japanese wiki, which i trusted over a fan given name, and in the scene the bomb/bomblets was indeed release from a canister-like object. I suppose calling it a bomb case would be a middle ground. As for the uses, while it can keep enemy away, the fact it continue spreading/moving outwards, also means it can target enemy farther away.
4) Was focused on the micro hide bomb, did not see the beam jutte, restore it if u want.
5) This all i have to say, carry on with what u want.
and for the Narrative gundam B pack, the wire guided weapon is named Incom, even in the movie, Jona did actually called that weapon as Incom and the weapon output can be adjusted. So what wrong with that??
Yes, Jona call it an Incom, but did he get the name right or did others lie to him? Other sources such as the box on the P-Bandai kit call them wire-guided assault units, a japanese version of the name was used in the official website profile and in the images in the Narrative gundam B pack's references section. So i go with that. Besides, the way it function is also very different from how INCOMs usually function.
As i said earlier, this issue is debated to death and no one can agree on the same conclusion. I couldnt remember, but is there any scene where a positron cannon blast resulted in a mushrrom could. Anyway, doesnt help that there is no official word on the situation either, again better to leave it ambiguous. Or if u prefer, get the mods to discuss and settle on the mushroom cloud, that would be interesting.
and about the micro bomb, the small bomb moved was not due to it s moving toward enemy, instead, its due to space property. In space, there are no air, so no friction at all. Thus, after eject from the main bomb, the smaller bomb still have some energy to travel a small distance due to no friction. Pls research topic on kinetic energy
Sigh, that's what i mean by spreading/moving outwards. Again, the problem is not with their movements, it is about their use. Due to the properties of them continuning to move after being released (due to the reasons u mentioned), it cannot be discounted that they have a more offensive kind of use. The way u word it makes it seems like a defensive weapon, which is not totally true.
offensive: i advance on an enemy trying to do damage on the enemy
defensive: i stay on my location or trying to retreat, if an enemy try to make a move on me, i will fight back and do damage or try to stop them from advancing near to me
as seen in the defination above, the micro bomb is basically defensive, a method of to stop enemy advance on me. Its a minefiled except all the mine float around, if the enemy do approach the field, gg for him else there will be nothing happen to the mine, no explosion.
same concept as the acguy firepower type a&b in ms thunderbolt bandit flower, where in 1 scene they deploy the mine on the backpack. when the enemy go near the mine field, the mine detonated and damage or cripple the enemy suit (although the mine type is aqua based but the concept is the same as banshee norm)
on the topic of freedom jettison nuclear reactor, at that episode, the only positron cannon fired was from Minerva battleship. If the nuclear explosion was from that, then i suppose all the crew in Minerva will be court martial for trying to harm their force member. The nuclear explosion damaged the impulse significantly. However, nothing happen after that, so that a prove that the explosion was not from that. Are there any army can friend fire each other and wall away as there are nothing happen???
For the name, i agree with what Kuruni said. As for the weapon's text, calling the Micro Hide Bombs as small space mines instead of small bombs seems ok. After all, the Hide Bombs used by Gyan were described as a type of mines in the model kit manuals.
For the very dead horse that is Freedom's explosion and if that is the nuclear explosion we saw, i have nothing new to add. Again, those issues have been debated to death, the horse has been buried and exhumed for examination countless times in forums and AFAIK there has not been an agreed conclusion to that issue. IMO, best to let the dead horse lay in its grave. Having said that, would be nice if you can find an official book or scan that definitively describe what happened.
1) The Mariemaria Army, and by extension, the Barton Foundation wanted to conquer the Earth Sphere (the real Trowa said it in the flash back, Mariemaia said almost the same to Relena), not obtain independence from Earth. Sure, they originated from the space colonies, but whether they would grant independence to the space colonies is another story. In short, they arent that similar to Zeon or its armed forces.
2) White Fang: Since when is it a 'revived invading radical colonial independent groups'? What is it revived from? The Colony Autonomy Organization? Did this organization tried or advocate for invading earth?
3) GSD's Phantom Pain & Wing's OZ - Firstly, OZ is the specials. Secondly, while the Phantom Pain's mastermind, Logos, is indeed a secretive corrupt military industrial complex, the same is not true of the Romefeller Foundation. According to the japanese wiki, the Romefeller Foundation was founded by European aristocrats and royalties to protect the nature and age old traditions. Sure the organization was corrputed later, but even then, supplying arms was only one of its activities and it does not even seem to be the main activity. Otherwise, the members of the Foundation wouldn't welcome Relena's disarment speech that willingly. Overall, unlike Logos, Romefeller Foundation is no military industrial complex.
2. Both Neo (or more specifically Axis) Zeon and White Fang sought to take over the Earth Sphere. Like White Fang, Axis Zeon did the first stage of the resurfaced space attack.
White Fang is a radical offshoot of the CLO.
3. The Specials was described as a "cover" for OZ, and Specials was an official sector in the UESA. PP was decribed as a "Military Special Forces", which sounds similar to the name Specials, in the Earth Alliance. Blue Cosmos executed the plans of LOGOS in a similar way OZ did for Romefeller
Romefeller was also described as a "military industrial complex" in the previous trivia comparing Romefeller and LOGOS.
As I said above, I see you on the recent pages all the time. So I was wondering, do you just browse the pages just 'cause, or are you maybe doing the same thing as me and you saw the video about the irl Gunpla Battle system Bandai is developing and you're researching what the perfect Gundam would be for you? No particular reason for asking, just curious. (I would link the video of the Battle system early prototype test in case you hadn't seen it, but I can't seem to find it, tell me if you're interested and I'll do some serious looking around.)
Ahh, I see. I would do that, but I'd end up just making more work for people like you by messing up, so I only ever edit a page when I'm completely sure of the information's accuracy and correctness, so mostly only trivia. Also, thanks for that, you're doing all Gundam fans a huge service by allowing them a surefire source of accurate and easy information.
Stop fixing my edits. the sinanju is a variant of the sinanju stein. You removed my variants of the narrative. Even if the hi nu gundam full armor doesn't exist is it still a variant of the hi nu from a development stand point.