Technology & Combat Characteristics
The Me02R-F02 Messer Type-F02 is a MS operated by the Anti-Earth Federation Organization Mafty. Anaheim Electronics (AE) was in charge of the development of this Mobile Suit so the units were created as a part of the same line of former Neo Zeon Mobile Suits such as the AMS-119 Geara Doga and MSN-04 Sazabi. Its design was heavily based on Zeon-type MS designs such as the rounded armor parts, mono-eye and shoulder armor with spikes, but this is also thought to be a result of AE's intention to hide their involvement with Mafty. However, structural features such as the air intakes on the chest, which were usually features of Earth Federation Forces Mobile Suits, were seen on the unit. This Mobile Suit was 23 meters tall and was heavily applied with armor, but it was able to gain high maneuverability and mobility due to the main thrusters on the back and sub thrusters placed on the legs and hip. It specializes in guerrilla warfare in cooperation with the Galcezon, and when free falling from high altitudes the MS deploys a Vectored Tail Stabilizer equipped on the back to perform air braking and attitude control. It was equipped with standard armaments that consisted of a Beam Rifle, Shield and Beam Sabers; being that those various devices were diverted from the ones used by Earth Federation Forces Mobile Suits in order to handle guerilla warfare. The Messer Type-F02 is a machine with Lifting Flares added to the legs of the Messer Type-F01, featuring an improved above surface hover traveling duration.
- Vulcan Gun
- Beam Saber
- Equipped with the same type of Beam Sabers used by the RGM-89 Jegan Type-A. The beam blades only extend during melee combat. The MS was intended for guerrilla warfare which resulted in the adoption of various armaments, such as the Beam Sabers, for high versatility.
- Long Beam Rifle
- A custom Beam Rifle for the Messer. It has a long barrel and is equipped with a optical sight on its right side that enables long range attacks such as sniping. Its E-packs are the same type as the ones used in the Beam Rifles of the RGM-89 Jegan Type-A and other Mobile Suits, in addition to adopting a method of mounting two E-packs in parallel under the barrel.
- Large Shield
- A large shield that displayed high defensive abilities against beam weapons. It functions both as a shield and as a weapon rack that can store spare E-packs and Beam Sabers.
- HGUC 1/144 Me02R-F01 Messer Type-F01 manual
- Official Japanese website description.
Notes & Trivia
- The Messer's name and model number are based on the Messerschmitt fighter aircrafts used by Nazi Germany. Messer is also the German word for "Dagger".
- The original novel design was done by Yasuhiro Moriki. It later appeared in the video game SD Gundam G Generation F, and was redesigned by Kazumi Fujita. The Type-F02 is visually identical to the G Generation redesign.
|Mobile Suit Gundam Hathaway Mechanics|
RX-105 Ξ Gundam | Me02R-F01 Messer Type-F01 | Me02R-F02 Messer Type-F02
|Aircraft / Spacecraft|
RX-104FF Penelope | FD-03 Gustav Karl
|Aircraft / Spacecraft|