Technology & Combat Characteristics
The mainstay mobile suit of the anti-Earth Federation terrorist organization "Mafty" in U.C. 0105, the Messer was produced by Anaheim Electronics under Mafty's commission. Created as a part of the same line as former Neo Zeon mobile suits like the AMS-119 Geara Doga and the MSN-04 Sazabi, the Messer has various Zeon-type mobile suit design elements, such as the mono-eye sensor in the head, rounded armor parts and spiked shoulder armor. This is likely done to hide Anaheim Electronics' involvement with an anti-Federation organization. However, features such as air intakes on the chest, which were usually only seen on Federation MS, were also incorporated.
Despite its large size and heavy armor, the Messer has high maneuverability and mobility due to powerful main thrusters on its back as well as various sub-thrusters on its legs and waist. It also has vectored tail stabilizer on its back that can be used for air braking and attitude control when free falling from high altitudes. The Messer was intended for guerilla warfare and adopted armaments including vulcan guns, beam sabers, a beam rifle and a shield so as to be highly versatile. It can also use various weapons derived from Federation MS. Most of the time, the Messer will enter combat using the Galcezon sub-flight system, which is armed with two mega particle cannons. The MS name differs with the parts configuration used; for example, the Messer piloted by Gauman Nobil was known as the Me02R-F01 Messer Type-F01.
- Vulcan Gun
- Three vulcan guns are mounted on each side of the head, for a total of six.
- Beam Saber
- A Beam Saber identical to those used by the RGM-89R Jegan A-Type, it emits a beam blade when used for melee combat. One can be stored on the underside of the spiked right shoulder armor and two more can be stored in the Large Shield.
- Long Beam Rifle
- A Beam Rifle specifically designed for the Messer, it has a long barrel and is equipped with an optical sight on the right side that enables long-range attacks such as sniping. The Long Beam Rifle has two E-packs mounted in parallel under the barrel, and these E-packs are the same ones used by Federation MS such as the Jegan A-Type.
- Large Shield
- A large physical shield with high defensive abilities against beam weapons. It also functions as a weapon rack that can store spare E-packs and Beam Sabers.
- Grenade Launcher
- The novel version of the Messer also had small, two-tubed, multi-launchers mounted on the shield, similar to those used by the Geara Doga.
Notes & Trivia
- The Messer's name is derived from "Messer" which is the German word for "Dagger".
- The original novel design was done by Yasuhiro Moriki. It later appeared in the video game SD Gundam G Generation, and was redesigned by Kazumi Fujita.
- ↑ 1.00 1.01 1.02 1.03 1.04 1.05 1.06 1.07 1.08 1.09 1.10 1.11 1.12 1.13 HGUC 1/144 Me02R-F01 Messer Type-F01
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Official website
|Hathaway's Flash Mechanics|
Me-02R Messer | RX-105 Ξ Gundam
|Aircraft / Spacecraft|
| Mobile Suit|
FD-03 Gustav Karl | RX-104FF Penelope
|Aircraft / Spacecraft|