Technology & Combat Characteristics
The MSZ-010A1 was a transformable mobile suit used by Londo Bell. Designed as part of the Theta Project, it combined elements of the MSZ-010 ΖΖ Gundam and FA-010A FAZZ. Unlike the FAZZ, the Theta Plus could transform into G-Fortress mode. Like the ZZ Gundam, the Theta Plus utilized the Core Block System, with the FXA-07GB-3 Core Fighter (Theta Plus Model) at its center. The Theta Plus’ main armament was a hyper mega cannon similar to the FAZZ’s. However, this version was equipped with a disk radome for improved accuracy. The Theta Plus was also armed with vulcan guns, beam sabers, beam cannons and micro-missile launchers. The micro-missiles were designed to serve as a countermeasure against mobile suits equipped with I-fields. With its heavy firepower, the Theta Plus could fill multiple mission roles, including reconnaissance, base capture and mid-range fire support.
- Vulcan Gun
- Mounted in the head, these shell firing weapons have high-rate of fire but little power and can't damage the armor of a mobile suit, though they can damage lightly armored areas such as the sensors. They are ideal for shooting down small, lightly armored targets such as missiles, attack vehicles, etc.
- Beam Saber/Beam Cannon
- Like the original ZZ Gundam the Theta Plus is equipped with a pair of beam cannons that double as the mobile suits beam sabers.
- Micro-Missile Launcher
- Mounted on the backpack are two 21-tube missile launchers loaded with AMA-13S small missiles.
- Hyper Mega Cannon
- The primary ranged weapon of the Theta Plus, is a enhanced version of the FA-010A FAZZ main weapon. The improvements include a 60% output increase equaling it to the main gun of a battleships, the ability to continually fire if the pilot set a interval every few seconds, incorporating the functions of a beam smart gun, and improvising accuracy by linking with a disc radome.
Special Equipment & Features
- Core Block System
Notes and Trivia
- The Theta Plus generally resembles the FA-010A FAZZ in general shape and color scheme.
|Mobile Suit Moon Gundam Mechanics|
AMS-123X Varguil | AMS-123X-X Moon Gundam
|Earth Federation Forces/Londo Bell|
MSK-008R Rick Dijeh | MSK-008R Modified Rick-Dijeh | MSZ-010A1 Theta Plus | RGM-86R GM III | RGM-86RF GM III Powered | RGM-86RF•FA GM III Powered Full Armor (Bulldog) | RGM-88X Jeddah | RX-93 ν Gundam
|Cruiser / Mother Ship|
MRX-013-3 Psycho Gundam Mk-IV G-Doors | RMS-108 Marasai | RMS-117 Galbaldy β | RMS-141 Xeku Eins | RMS-154 Barzam
AMS-123X Varguil | AMX-008 Ga-Zowmn | AMX-015-4S Dag Doll | AMX-104L RS-Jarja | AMX-117LG Gaz-L Grau | AMX-117RG Gaz-R Grau
|Cruiser / Mother Ship|
EMS-13 Aggjin | AMX-010 Gaza-G