Technology & Combat Characteristics
The Prototype Z Gundam was built without any transformation function, instead it features the Anaheim Electronics' unique block build up mechanism for enhanced productivity and ease of maintenance. However, there were still issues with its control. Subsequently, an attempt was made to add transformation function into the mobile suit. This succeeded to a certain extent, but due to excessive metal fatigue on the frame during mobile suit mode, it cannot be put into practical use. Three Prototype Z Gundam was built in total, each with a different head.
- Beam Saber
- The standard close range armament for many mobile suits, it is a small cylindrical device held in the mobile suit's hands when operated and is powered by a rechargeable energy capacitor. The beam saber emits a blade of plasma contained by an I-Field and is capable of cutting through any metal not treated with anti-beam coating.
- Beam Rifle
- The standard ranged armament of many mobile suits, the beam rifle fires a particle beam that can penetrate any armor not treated with specific counter-measures.
- The MSZ-006-X Prototype Z Gundam's defensive armament, able to defend against both beam and physical attacks.
Before the MSZ-006 Zeta Gundam was created, three faulty prototypes were built. Technically, all three units were the same machine, but each unit had a different head design. The MSZ-006-X1 has a head similar to the MSN-00100 Hyaku Shiki, MSZ-006-X2 featured a head borrowing its look from the RMS-099 Rick Dias's head and MSZ-006-X3 used a head similar in comparison to the MSA-003 Nemo's head.
- The Prototype Z Gundam's name is derived from "Zeta", which is the sixth letter of the Greek Alphabet - which may be reference to its model number.
- MSZ-006-X1 Prototype Z Gundam X1 on MAHQ.net
- MSZ-006-X2 Prototype Z Gundam X2 on MAHQ.net
- MSZ-006-X3 Prototype Z Gundam X3 on MAHQ.net
|Gundam Mk-II's variation|
FA-178 Full Armor Gundam Mk-II
MSA-004 Nemo II | MSA-004K Nemo III
MSA-005K Guncannon Detector | MSA-005S Methuss Kai
|Rick Dias's variation|
MSA-099-2 Rick Dias II
|Hyaku Shiki's variations|
MSR-00100 Hyaku Shiki Kai | MSR-00100S Hyaku Shiki Kai Mass Production Type
|Z Gundam's variations|
MSZ-006-X Prototype Ζ Gundam | MSZ-007 Mass Production Type Ζ Gundam | MSZ-008 ZII
SE-DJ-1R Dijeh SE-R
MSF-007 Gundam Mk-III