- This article is about the mobile suit that would become the MSN-06S Sinanju. For the unit that appears in Mobile Suit Gundam Narrative, see MSN-06S-2 Sinanju Stein.
Technology & Combat Characteristics
Built from the data obtained from both the MSN-04 Sazabi and RX-93 ν Gundam, the Sinanju Stein is developed as part of the Earth Federation Forces reorganization plan known as the "UC Project." It is created by Anaheim Electronics to test the sensitivity and durability of the lightweight and rigid material, the Psycoframe, for use in a mobile suit's internal movable frame. The Sinanju Stein is also equipped with a Psycommu system, and the "Intention Automatic System", which functions by using the Psycoframe's sensitivity to the pilot's thought-waves to directly affect behavior of the mobile suit. The suit boasts high mobility and features flexible thrusters on its legs and backpack, allowing it to achieve precise movements at high speeds.
The suit was to be operated unmanned to measure the maximum capabilities of the Psycoframe, but was actually intended to be used by a certain pilot. Two lines of mobile suits were developed using the Sinanju Stein as a base. These were the RX-0 Unicorn Gundam and the MSN-06S Sinanju. The former was thought to be developed by based on the data of the Sinanju Stein's test. The latter was refurbished using one of two units stolen by the Neo Zeon remnant group, the Sleeves, and had its response levels tunned down as its controls were too sensitive. The other stolen unit was also embellished with the engravings of the Sleeves and deployed in battle over RX-0 Unicorn Gundam 03 Phenex.
- 60mm Vulcan Gun
- Mounted in the head, the pair of vulcan guns are not very powerful and typically unable to penetrate mobile suit armor. However, they are useful in intercepting missiles/rockets, destroying mobile suit sensors, and engaging lightly-armored targets such as tanks and small aircraft.
- Beam Saber
- A pair of beam sabers are stored in the forearm armor. When in use, the armor lifts up for pulling out the sabers' handles. The beam sabers' beam blades can also be generated and be used as beam tonfas when the armor open ups.
- High Beam Rifle
- A large firearm similar to the one used by the FA-93HWS ν Gundam Heavy Weapons System Type. The Sinanju Stein's high beam rifle however has a fire control system that works in conjunction with the suit's intention automatic system.
- The Sinanju Stein's defensive armament, it has similar appearance as the RX-93 ν Gundam's shield.
- Beam Cannon
- The shield of the Sinanju Stein is equipped with a Beam Cannon.
- Sinanju Stein's shield also houses four missiles.
Special Equipment & Features
- External Propellant Tank
- Mounted on the back, the pair of tanks increase the amount of fuel the suit can carry, thus increasing its operational flight time. When the fuel is depleted, the tanks can be ejected to decrease mass.
- Psycoframe Cockpit
- The Psycoframe is a technology that builds the brainwave-to-machine code translator known as Psycommu into the atom-level of the metal frame of a Mobile Suit. This allows a Newtype pilot to mentally connect with their mobile suits operating system, similar to the bio-sensor, and input commands direct from the mind via brainwaves.
- Intention Automatic System
Stealing the Sinanju Stein
The Sinanju Stein was based upon the MSN-04 Sazabi and RX-93 ν Gundam, it was created by Anaheim Electronics to test the use of Psycoframe in a mobile suit's internal movable frame. The resulting data was used by Anaheim to build the RX-0 Unicorn Gundam. In U.C. 0094, the Sinanju Stein was transferred (disguised as a robbery) to the remnants of Neo Zeon, "Sleeves", who modified it into the MSN-06S Sinanju - the personal machine of their leader, Full Frontal.
During the events in Mobile Suit Gundam UC MSV Kusabi manga, the stolen Sinanju Stein was test-piloted by Sleeve's Worklach Banham for Zeon weapon's compatibility prior to its conversion into MSN-06S Sinanju.
For more information on the Sinanju Stein's history, please go to Full Frontal's page.
Notes and Trivia
- The Sinanju's name is derived from a fictional style of martial arts that came from a paperback book series known as "The Destroyer".
- Stein means "stone" in German and Norwegian. The Sinanju Stein is referred to as "The stone from which Full Frontal's Sinanju was hewn."
- In the CG-animated segment of Sony PlayStation 3's Mobile Suit Gundam UC video game, it is implied that Alberto Vist colluded with the Neo Zeon Remnants "The Sleeves" in the hijacking of Sinanju Stein from Earth Federation Forces.
- ↑ Playstation 3, Mobile Suit Gundam UC Episode 0: The War After the War