Technology & Combat Characteristics
This machine is how the MSN-00100 Hyaku Shiki, which was initially developed in the Zeta Project as a transformable mobile suit but completed as a non-transformable mobile suit due to problems with insufficient frame strength, would appear if completed as a transformable mobile suit. While Anaheim Electronics was trying various approaches to develop a production model of the Zeta series as a transformable mobile suit, it also simultaneously conducted a reinvestigation of the shelved Delta plan.
The Delta Gundam is armed with the standard armaments of a mobile suit, vulcan guns, a beam rifle, beam sabers, and a shield. It also features the Anti-Beam Reflective Coating featured on the Hyaku Shiki.
- 60mm Vulcan Gun
- A standard armament of Federation mobile suits. These head mounted shell firing weapons have a high-rate of fire but little power and are generally ineffective against mobile suits, though they can damage lightly armored areas such as the sensors. They are ideal for shooting down small, lightly armored targets such as missiles, small vehicles, etc.
- Beam Rifle
- A standard hand carried ranged beam weapon is the beam rifle. This particular model is a long type designed for variable MS with excellent output and range.
- The Delta Gundam's defensive armament, able to defend against both beam and physical attacks. It doubles as the unit's forward section in wave rider mode and stores a pair of beam sabers.
- Beam Saber
- The beam saber is the standard close-combat weapon of many mobile suits, it emits a blade of plasma contained by an I-field that can cut through any physical armor not treated to resist it. The Delta Gundam's beam sabers also double as beam guns when the suit is in wave rider mode.
Special Equipment & Features
- Anti-Beam Reflective Coating
- The Anti-Beam Coating (ABC) technology coats multiple layers of high specific heat capacity material on top of the armor of the mobile suit that evaporates in high temperature. It provides a type of sacrificial protection against any type of beam weapon. However, due to its nature of ablating when defending against great heat, Anti-Beam Coating can only tolerate a few hits to the same spot.
- This feature was first tested on the MSN-00100 Hyaku Shiki. Due to its high cost, the Anti-Beam Coating was only used on a few mobile suits.
The Delta Gundam has long been seen only as a CG model on the net. Although the existence of its direct descendant the Delta Plus has been confirmed, it is possible the original Delta Gundam itself was never constructed and exists only as a computer simulation.
Notes & Trivia
- Delta (δ) is the fourth letter of the Greek alphabet. In the system of Greek numerals it has a value of 4.