Technology & Combat Characteristics
Derived from the HGUC 1/144 Hyaku Shiki + Mega Bazooka Launcher, the "Byaku Shiki" seems to be the same as the normal Hyaku Shiki Gunpla except for its new white color scheme. It is unknown if the white color scheme has the original gold color scheme's beam-resistant coating capability.
- Vulcan Gun
- A pair of vulcan guns are located in the Byaku Shiki's head. While not very powerful, they have a high rate of fire and are employed to intercept incoming missiles, etc.
- Beam Saber
- Armament for melee combat that generates a beam blade, two are stored on the rear waist armor.
- Beam Rifle
- The same beam rifle as used by the normal Hyaku Shiki, it fires a particle beam that can penetrate almost any armor not treated with specific counter-measures.
- Clay Bazooka
- Like the normal Hyaku Shiki, the Byaku Shiki can be armed with a clay bazooka - a projectile weapon that can fire several different types of ammunition. It can be fired even when stored on the backpack.
Notes & Trivia
- To fit the Gunpla's name, the original Hyaku Shiki's "Hyaku" (百) shoulder mark is changed to "Byaku" (白). "Byaku" is Japanese for white.
- "Byaku Shiki" roughly translates as "White Type"; this could be a reference to the unit's white color scheme. Kenta seems to like the color white as his custom Sazabi is also white in color.
- Byaku Shiki shared its name with the the primary unit that Ichika Orimura piloted in the mecha anime Infinite Stratos.
- In the OVA, Byaku Shiki has a red shade for its head, however in the P-Bandai Gunpla release, the regular Hyaku Shiki's black shade sticker is given instead.
|Model Suit Gunpla Builders Beginning G Original Gunpla|
GPB-04B Beargguy | GPB-06F Super Custom Zaku F2000 | GPB-X78-30 Forever Gundam | GPB-X80 Beginning Gundam | GPB-X80-30F Beginning 30 Gundam | MSN-00100 Hyaku Shiki GPB Color "Byaku Shiki"