Technology & Combat Characteristics
As Zeon prepared for its massive invasion of the Earth Federation Force's underground military headquarters of Jaburo, the MIP Company military engineers stationed at California Base started developing a series of specialized mobile suits to aid in the assault. One of these designs was the Zogok, an amphibious mobile suit based on the MSM-07 Z'Gok. The Zogok, armed with only melee weapons, was designed primarily for close combat. The Zogok featured ten razor sharp boomerang cutter blades on the top of its head, and its extendable telescopic arms can do a punching attack.
- Boomerang Cutter
- Ten boomerang-shaped blades are mounted in the Zogok's head. The blades are launched at high-velocity to serve as a mid-range weapon. The power of these weapons is sufficient to moderately damage the armor of mobile suits that are 10 years newer.
- Arm Punch
- The Zogok's characteristic extendable arms can serve as a close combat weapon, delivering a punch that could crush through most armor with its sheer power.
- Heat Sword
- A melee weapon originally developed for the Gouf line of mobile suits. Like the Zaku's heat tomahawk, the heat sword's blade is heated to high temperatures to increase its cutting capacity.
- A simplified, disposable rocket launcher. It is commonly used by Zeon mobile suits in the late stages of the One Year War. As the warhead is not equipped with a guidance device, it is extremely hard to use the Sturm Faust to hit a moving target accurately. However, it is still a highly destructive portable weapon. Due to its excellent cost performance, the Sturm Faust is still in use even in U.C.0090s.
- BR-87A Beam Rifle
- A standard hand carried ranged beam weapon is the beam rifle. During the events in Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn: The Noble Shroud, a Zeon Remnant's Zogok was armed with a beam rifle which resembled the BR-87A model used by RMS-108 Marasai. This weapon is powered by a replaceable e-pac and is power rated at 2.2 MW.
The few Zogoks that were constructed at California Base did not participate in the assault on Jaburo because Zeon Commander Char Aznable discovered a secret entrance to the subterranean base and launched the attack much earlier than originally planned. After the One Year War ended, a few Zogoks eventually wound up in the hands of civilians, and can be seen in the series Mobile Suit Gundam ZZ.
During U.C. 0096, one Zogok was used by the Zeon remnants during the assault of Torrington Base. This unit was heavily damaged in battle by the RX-160S Byarlant Custom, it retreated after a AMS-129M Zee Zulu took its heat sword to combat the Byarlant Custom.
Notes and Trivia