Technology & Combat Characteristics
The MSK-003 Wagtail II is a custom mobile suit used by Van Asiliaino, a member of the anti-Titans organization Keraunos. The Wagtail II is a further upgrade of Van's previous RGM-79C GM Type C "Wagtail" with parts from other mobile suits. Parts from the RGM-79N GM Custom have been incorporated into the joints and torso, while the head, backpack, and cockpit block have been replaced with prototype parts. The GM Custom parts strengthen the frame, allowing the Wagtail Unit to be operated at its full output. The Wagtail Unit's armor has also been changed to those made of Gundarium Gamma alloy. The backpack is equipped with wing binders featuring numerous thrusters and hardpoints for mounting weapons. The new head features a twin-eye sensor surrounded by a ricochet board. Due to incorporating so many parts from other mobile suits, the GM designation has been removed from the unit's name and it is given a new model number by Karaba.
- 60mm Vulcan Gun
- A pair of shell-firing armament built into the head. These rapid-fire but low offensive power weapons are used for destroying lightly-armored units, restricting enemy movements, intercepting missiles, intimidation, etc.
- Beam Saber
- The beam saber is a small device held in the mobile suit's hands when operated and is powered by a rechargeable energy capacitor. It is capable of cutting through any armor not treated with anti-beam coating. Besides the original four beam sabers on the shoulders and in the shield, the Wagtail II now possesses stabilizers which double as beam sabers.
- The Wagtail is equipped with a modified version of the GM Command's NFHI RGM-M-Sh-AGD Shield that features anti-beam coating and has had its upper half removed so as to not interfere with the mobile suit's shoulder thrusters. Two beam sabers can be stored on the back of the shield.
- Specialized Beam Rifle
- A modified version of the GM II's beam rifle, it has a different sensor unit and a lengthened barrel.
- HFW-GR·MR82-90mm GM Rifle
- The GM Rifle is a simple shell-firing machine gun, it has nowhere near the power of a beam rifle, but can be cheaply produced and easily maintained. It features different barrel, sensor unit, stock and magazine configurations that allow for different ballistic and handling properties.
- BLASH HB-L-07/N-STD Hyper Bazooka
- Technically a large rocket launcher, it could fire several 360mm missiles to attack targets at long range. No mass-production MS's armor is able to stop this weapon. While very powerful, it has a slow rate of fire and a fairly little amount of ammunition. Most often used to take out slow, heavily armored targets.
- MSK-003 Wagtail IIex
- The result of the Wagtail II being repaired after the battle of New Guinea Base. As the Keraunos lacks spare parts for the machine, the backpack has been replaced with the one used by the RMS-106 Hizack. The binders on the back and shoulder thrusters were removed, and Karaba painted the unit green. One of the arms was later lost in battle and replaced with one from a RMS-179 GM II, while the head was returned to that of the RGM-79C GM Type C "Wagtail" and the backpack was replaced with the one used by the RGM-86R GM III.