Technology & Combat Characteristics
A commander-use version of the Tieren High Mobility Type B. While its performance is similar to that of its standard counterpart, the Tieren High Mobility Commander Type B does have enhanced communications and data processing capabilities like the MSJ-06II-ET Tieren Space Commander Type. As with the Tieren Commander Space Type, the Tieren High Mobility Commander Type B has a squarish head with added sensor in the center, and larger shoulder shields embedded with communications and sensor functions. Units deployed for combat in the desert have covered joints as an anti-dust measure.
- 200mm x 50 Caliber Smoothbore Gun
- Like the standard Tieren High Mobility Type B, the Tieren High Mobility Commander Type B uses a 200mm x 50 Caliber Smoothbore Gun mounted on its right forearm as its main weapon. This weapon appears longer than the Tieren Ground Type and High Mobility Type's 200mm x 25 Caliber Smoothbore Gun, but has similar basic performance. However, it replaces the barrel-mounted 12.7 co-axial machine gun with a long, rectangular carbon blade. Due to the integration of the carbon blade, the gun can be used for long to close range combat.
- 30mm Machine Gun
- Like the Tieren High Mobility Type B, the Tieren High Mobility Commander Type B has a 6-barreled machine gun built into the left chest that fires solid bullets. Despite having a low attack power due to its small caliber, its rapid fire capability means that it is suitable for anti-personal, anti-air purpose and the likes. Additionally, although it cannot damage enemy units during mobile suit combat, it can still restrict enemy's movements..
- Like the standard Tieren High Mobility Type B, the Tieren High Mobility Commander Type B has three shields. While its leg shield is the same as its standard counterpart, the Tieren High Mobility Commander Type B's shoulder shields are the same as those of the Tieren Commander Space Type's. Besides being larger, these shields have communication functions thanks to the added antennas, as well as additional sensor functions that are critical to a commander, such as composite radar that allows for a better grasp of the combat situations, etc.
A squad of Tieren High Mobility Type B led by Sergei Smirnov in the Tieren High Mobility Commander Type B, and accompanied by Soma Peries in the MSJ-06II-SP Tieren Taozi, participated in the joint military exercise in the Taklamakan Desert. In truth, this joint exercise was a trap set up by the HRL, Union and AEU to capture the four Gundams of the Celestial Being.
The Tieren High Mobility Type B squad approached as the GN-002 Gundam Dynames and GN-003 Gundam Kyrios tried to escape from the trap. While Soma and her Tieren Taozi attacked Gundam Kyrios, the Tieren High Mobility Type Bs pinned down the Gundam Dynames with fire support from allied units. Later, as Gundam Kyrios gained the advantage against Tieren Taozi, the Tieren High Mobility Type Bs and Sergei's Tieren High Mobility Commander Type B provided support fire to help Soma escaped.
After 15 continuous hours of attack from the three military forces, the Gundam Kyrios was finally captured. As the Tieren High Mobility Type Bs, Tieren High Mobility Commander Type B and Tieren Taozi left with the captured Gundam they came under attack from the GNW-002 Gundam Throne Zwei. Using its GN Fangs, the Gundam Throne Zwei disabled all the Tieren High Mobility Type Bs and Sergei's Tieren High Mobility Commander Type B, with the exception of Soma's Tieren Taozi, and rescued the Gundam Kyrios.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 'Mobile Suit Gundam 00 Data Archives' Book
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 'Mobile Suit Illustrated 2013 [Popular Edition]' Book
- ↑ Defunct Gundam 00 English Official Website Profile Page
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 'Mobile Suit Gundam 00 Mechanics 1st' Book