Technology & Combat Characteristics
A customized Gunpla which uses the MSF-007 Gundam Mk-III as its base kit. It has a basic custom build style that focuses on enhancing its armor and mobility, and it is capable of producing power surpassing its specifications due to the fighting techniques of its Diver, Sid. Its armaments include Beam Rifles and Beam Sabers, which are basic weapons, but the extreme toughness of the Tertium has hidden expandability that enables it to wield massive non-standard equipment, such as the Hyper Burst Lance. The Gundam Tertium later became the MSF-007SS Gundam Seltsam, and the latter's armament composition succeeded in fully drawing out the potential of the Tertium.
- Beam Rifle
- Equipped with the portable firearms of the Gundam Mk-III. There are two types of Beam Rifles, and the Tertium uses each type depending on the mission. The longer rifle appears similar to the beam rifle of the MSZ-006-X Prototype Ζ Gundams.
- Beam Saber
- Another armament used by the Gundam Mk-III that was adopted by the Tertium. Since Sid is a skilled fighter, the standard armaments would have been sufficient for him at the time.
- Shield Binder
- A multi-purpose defense weapon built by Sid exclusively for the Tertium to take on even more difficult missions. It is connected to the backpack via a flexible arm, and is equipped with a powerful firearm, the Folding Burst Launcher.
- Folding Burst Launcher
- A burst launcher with a foldable barrel that is capable of extremely high firepower.
- Hyper Burst Lance
- A huge spear-like melee weapon prepared alongside the Shield Binder. Although it is too large for standard units to wield, it can be easily used by the Tertium.
- Beam Cannon
- A ranged beam weapon mounted in each leg's shin armor. Thus, the shin armor has to be lifted when using this weapon.
Notes & Trivia
- Tertium translates to "the third" in Latin.
- When the Tertium is first mentioned in episode 13, it is referred to as the "Tertium Gundam".
- The Tertium's leg-mounted beam cannons seem to be the same as the ones equipped on the Gundam Mk-III's backpack.