Technology & Combat Characteristics
The MSA-099 Rick Dias (Delphi Squad) is a modified version of the regular RMS-099 Rick Dias with an addition of two Random Binders on each forearms, plus additional thrusters installed on the legs and backpack for enhanced mobility.
- 2-barrel 55mm Vulcan Phalanx
- Mounted in the top of the Rick Dias [Delphi Squad]'s head, and covered by a hinged hood when not in use, they are equivalent to the vulcan guns commonly used by other mobile suits. These shell firing weapons have a high-rate of fire, but little power and are generally ineffective against mobile suits; however, they can damage lightly armored areas such as the sensors. Ideal for shooting down small, lightly armored targets such as missiles, small vehicles, etc.
- AE/ZIM.C-BAZ-531 300mm Clay Bazooka
- An innovative projectile-firing weapon, the Clay Bazooka was originally designed to fire adhesive rounds which immobilize enemy machines rather than destroying them outright. However, it could also be loaded with other types of ammunition, including conventional explosive round as well as pellet shot round. The Clay Bazooka has 1 round in its chamber with 7 more rounds in a reloadable magazine. A retractable hook is present on top of the bazooka's barrel for mounting onto Rick Dias [Delphi Squad]'s backpack when not in use.
- Beam Pistol
- The Rick Dias [Delphi Squad] is equipped with a pair of Beam Pistols as its primary ranged beam weapon. Despite its compact size, it is powerful enough to destroy an enemy mobile suit with a single shot. The Beam Pistols are stored on a storage rack on the Rick Dias' backpack when not in use, and while stowed, they could fire directly with a limited firing arc.
- Beam Saber
- The standard close range armament for most Mobile Suits. The beam saber is a small cylindrical device held in the mobile suit's hands when operated and is powered by a rechargeable energy capacitor. It is capable of cutting through any metal not treated with anti-beam coating. The Rick Dias [Delphi Squad] has a beam saber stored under the Beam Pistol's storage rack.
Special Equipment & Features
- Random Binder
- Mounted on the Rick Dias [Delphi Squad]'s backpack as well as forearms, the Random Binders are a combination of vernier thrusters with propellant tanks and are capable of Active Mass Balance Auto-Control (AMBAC) like the suit's limbs. Thanks to these binders, the suit has excellent mobility. They could be ejected when not required.
Notes and Trivia