Technology & Combat Characteristics
The Methuss Mariner was hurriedly developed by Anaheim Electronics for the AEUG during the First Neo Zeon War to counter Axis' Earth drop operations and suppress enemy forces directly at the drop locations. To accomplish this, the Methuss Mariner was designed to be capable of shifting directly to aquatic combat after atmospheric entry, and fitted accordingly with underwater combat equipment. For atmospheric entry, a dedicated flying armor is attached to the bottom of the machine that can also be used as a boat after landing and can be ejected to allow diving. The back is equipped with a large hydro system and boasts high mobility underwater. A total of three stabilizers are installed in the crotch and the legs' rear armor.
- SUBROC (SUBmarine ROCket)
- The Methuss Mariner had a SUBROC (SUBmarine ROCKet) launcher mounted on its main body and it carried 13 rounds of rockets for attacking enemies underwater.
- Arm Beam Gun
- A beam gun mounted on each forearm. The particle beam fired from the weapon can penetrate most armor not treated with specific counter-measures.
- Beam Saber
- A small device held in the mobile suit's hands when operated and is powered by a rechargeable energy capacitor. The beam saber emits a blade of plasma contained by an I-Field and can cut through any armor not treated with anti-beam coating. The Methuss Mariner carries six beam sabers on its body.
- Claw Arm
- The Methuss Mariner had claws on each arm instead of hands. They were used for melee combat and were capable of damaging mobile suit and ships.
Special Equipment & Features
- Flying Armor
The Methuss Mariner was not mass produced because the war situation had already moved to space when the pre-production machine rolled out.
|Gundam Wars Series Original Mechanics|
Epsy Gundam | Nero Trainer | ORX-013 Gundam Mark V Amuro Ray Type | ORX-013S Gundam Mk-VS Augusta Test Colors | Prototype Nero | RX-139 Hambrabi Mk-Ib "Vampire" | RX-166 Gundam Mk-III "Eagley" | RX-272-2 Gundam Mk-III "Halpuley"
| Mobile Suit|
Anaheim Type "Hyaku" | Hyaku Ichi Shiki | MSA-003 Nemo High Maneuver | MSA-005M Methuss Mariner | MSA-014 Σ Gundam | MSN-00100 Hyaku Shiki Kai | MSZ-006A1B Zeta Plus A1B | MSZ-006BN Zeta Plus BN | MSZ-007 Z Rapier I | MSZZ-000 "ZZ-Zwei"
| Mobile Suit|