Technology & Combat Characteristics
The MSA-004 Nemo II is a prototype mobile suit based off the MSA-003 Nemo. It is designed to solve the Nemo's lack of firepower and mobility, and has improved reactor output. Due to a change in plans during development, the Nemo II is eventually modified into the more powerful MSA-004K Nemo III.
- 60mm Vulcan Gun
- Mounted in the head, these shell firing weapons have high rate of fire but little power and can't damage the thick armor of a mobile suit, though they can damage lightly armored areas such as the sensors. They are ideal for shooting down small, lightly armored targets such as missiles, attack vehicles, etc.
- Beam Saber
- The standard close range armament for most mobile suits, it is a small device held in the mobile suit's hands when operated and is powered by a rechargeable energy capacitor. The beam saber emits a blade of plasma contained by an I-Field and can cut through most armor not treated with anti-beam coating. The Nemo II carries one beam saber.
- BOWA·BR-S-85-C2 Beam Rifle
- The standard ranged armament of many mobile suits is the beam rifle. The particle beam fired from a beam rifle can penetrate almost any armor that has not been treated with specific counter-measures. The Nemo II is equipped with the same beam rifle used by the RMS-179 GM II; which has a power rating of 1.9 MW and powered by a rechargeable energy cap.
- The same shield as used by the MSA-003 Nemo, it can switch between an expanded state and a collapsed state for ease of use, and like other shields, its surface has an anti-beam coating to defend against beam attacks. Other features of the shield include sharp edges at the top for ramming/striking attacks and latches on the back for mounting other weapons or equipment.
As the Gryps Conflict progressed, the Anti Earth Union Group needed more powerful mobile suits to counter the newer machines deployed by the Titans. The Nemo II, based on the MSA-003 Nemo, was developed to fulfil this need. However, it was later decided that a mobile suit with heavier firepower was needed, and the Nemo II was used as the base machine for developing the MSA-004K Nemo III.
- ↑ "B-CLUB" No. 6, Bandai, April 1986, pp. 66-70.
|Gundam Mk-II's variation|
FA-178 Full Armor Gundam Mk-II
MSA-004 Nemo II | MSA-004K Nemo III
MSA-005K Guncannon Detector | MSA-005S Methuss Kai
|Rick Dias's variation|
MSA-099-2 Rick Dias II
|Hyaku Shiki's variations|
MSR-00100 Hyaku Shiki Kai | MSR-00100S Hyaku Shiki Kai Mass Production Type
|Z Gundam's variations|
MSZ-006-X Prototype Ζ Gundam | MSZ-007 Mass Production Type Ζ Gundam | MSZ-008 ZII
SE-DJ-1R Dijeh SE-R
MSF-007 Gundam Mk-III