Technology & Combat Characteristics
The MSA-004K Nemo III is an improved armament version of the MSA-004 Nemo II designed for mid-range fire support. It has different armor on the right shoulder, and its firepower is enhanced with the addition of a high output beam cannon on the backpack, powered by E-Pacs. Because of its added weight, the backpack is also equipped with binder units that increased the suit's mobility and maneuverability.
- Beam Cannon
- Mounted on the backpack and rising over the left shoulder, the beam cannon not only drastically improves the Nemo III's firepower, but also allows it to function as a mid-range fire support unit. The beam cannon is powered by tank-like e-pacs on both sides of the backpack. Output at 5.4 MW.
- 60mm Vulcan Gun
- Mounted in the head, these shell firing weapons have high rate of fire but little power and can't damage the thick armor of a mobile suit, though they can damage lightly armored areas such as the sensors. They are ideal for shooting down small, lightly armored targets such as missiles, attack vehicles, etc. The Nemo III is normally equipped with two Vulcans, but later versions, such as the one in 0096, seem to be equipped with four.
- Beam Saber
- The standard close range armament for most mobile suits, it is a small device held in the mobile suit's hands when operated and is powered by a rechargeable energy capacitor. The beam saber emits a blade of plasma contained by an I-Field and can cut through most armor not treated with anti-beam coating. The Nemo is equipped with a single beam saber stored on the rear skirt armor.
- BOWA·BR-S-85-C2 Beam Rifle
- The standard ranged armament of many mobile suits is the beam rifle. The particle beam fired from a beam rifle can penetrate almost any armor that has not been treated with specific counter-measures. The Nemo III is equipped with the same beam rifle used by the RMS-179 GM II and MSA-003 Nemo, which has a power rating of 1.9 MW and powered by a rechargeable energy cap.
The MSA-004K Nemo III was developed by the AEUG based on the MSA-004 Nemo II, it was never mass-produced as intended and only used as an experimental unit. In U.C.0096, one Nemo III was stationed in Earth Federation Forces' Torrington Base and was destroyed during a Zeon Remnants' assault by Yonem Kirks's MS-05L Zaku I Sniper Type from a Fat Uncle Transport.
|Gundam Mk-II's variation|
FA-178 Full Armor Gundam Mk-II
MSA-004 Nemo II | MSA-004K Nemo III
MSA-005K Guncannon Detector | MSA-005S Methuss Kai
|Rick Dias's variation|
MSA-099-2 Rick Dias II
|Hyaku Shiki's variations|
MSR-00100 Hyaku Shiki Kai | MSR-00100S Hyaku Shiki Kai Mass Production Type
|Z Gundam's variations|
MSZ-006-X Prototype Ζ Gundam | MSZ-007 Mass Production Type Ζ Gundam | MSZ-008 ZII
SE-DJ-1R Dijeh SE-R
MSF-007 Gundam Mk-III
|Under the Gundam: Double-Fake Mechanics|
|Monotone Mouse Company|
J Gundam | Junior Mobile Suit | Petite Mobile Suit
Middle Mobile Suit | MWS-19051G D Gundam "First" | MWS-19051G-2 D Gundam "Second"
|Earth Federation Forces|
Gundam Kazaki Custom | MSA-003 Nemo | MSA-004K Nemo III | MSA-008 Bar-GM | Nemo Kai | RGD-X1 GD Striker | RGD-X2 GD Cannon | RGD-X3 GD Burstliner | RGM-89B Jegan Custom | RGX-D3 D Gundam "Third" | RGX-D4 D Gundam "Fourth" | RMS-179 GM II
Musai-class | Salamis-class
| Mobile Suit|
AMS-119 Geara Doga | AMX-002 Gaza-B | AMX-003S Gaza-C Custom | AMX-011C Zaku III Late Type | AMX-011C Zaku III Late Type Land Use | AMX-012 Guza | AMX-013 Zssa Dain | AMX-016 Gaza-W | AMX-102C Zssa Kai | AMX-121 Quel Doga | Doga | MSN-03 Jagd Doga | MSN-X4 Bagwi Doga
| Mobile Cruiser|