Technology & Combat Characteristics
Categorized as a prototype attack-use mobile suit, the MSA-004K Nemo III is an improved armament version of the MSA-004 Nemo II and can function as a fire support unit. Its firepower is greatly enhanced with the addition of a large beam cannon on the backpack, powered by tank-like E-packs. Besides the beam cannon, the mobile suit is also armed with a beam rifle, a beam saber and 60mm vulcan guns. Other improvements include enhanced defensive capabilities, better joints, and binder units on the backpack to increase the mobile suit's mobility and maneuverability.
- Beam Cannon
- Mounted on the backpack and rising over the left shoulder, this large beam cannon grants the Nemo III with high firepower suitable for anti-ship and anti-mobile armor combat. It also allows the mobile suit to function as a fire support unit. The beam cannon has an output of 5.4 MW, and is powered by two tank-like E-packs on the backpack, one on each side.
- 60mm Vulcan Gun
- Shell-firing armament built into the head. Low offensive power, only used to restrict enemy movement, and lay down a wall of suppressive fire due to their rapid fire capability. The Nemo III is normally equipped with two, but later versions, such as units deployed in the 0090s, seem to be equipped with four.
- Beam Saber
- The beam saber is a small device held in the mobile suit's hands when deployed and is powered by a rechargeable energy capacitor. It emits high-energy Minovsky particles to form a blade-shaped I-field (via manipulation of electromagnetic fields), and then fills this I-field shell with superheated Minovsky particle plasma to produce an effective cutting blade. A single beam saber is stored on the Nemo III's rear skirt armor.
- BOWA·BR-S-85-C2 Beam Rifle
- The standard ranged armament of many mobile suits is the beam rifle. The particle beam fired from a beam rifle can penetrate almost any armor that has not been treated with specific counter-measures. The Nemo III is equipped with the same beam rifle used by the RMS-179 GM II and MSA-003 Nemo, which has a power rating of 1.9 MW and is powered by a built-in energy CAP system.
The MSA-004K Nemo III was developed by the Anaheim Electronics for the AEUG based on the MSA-004 Nemo II. However, the death of AEUG's leader, Blex Forer, disrupted communications between the two organizations, leading to the Nemo III's development being delayed. As a result, the first Nemo III was only completed on U.C.0088, January 18, near the end of the Gryps War.
After the war, an unknown number of Nemo III, alongside the original MSA-003 Nemo, was integrated into the Earth Federation Forces. In U.C.0096, one Nemo III was stationed in Earth Federation Forces' Torrington Base and was destroyed during a Zeon Remnants' assault by Yonem Kirks's MS-05L Zaku I Sniper Type from a Fat Uncle transport.
- "Entertainment Bible.2 Mobile Suit Gundam MS Encyclopedia [Part 2 Gryps War Chapter]" Book
- "Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn Complete Analysis" Book
- "Mobile Suit Gundam Illustrated 2003" Book
- "Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn Mechanics & World ep 4-6" Book
- Magazine "B-Club Vol.6"
- "Mobile Suit Gundam Illustrated 2015" Book
- Development profile in "Mobile Suit Gundam Gihren's Greed" game
- Mobile Suit Gundam: Battle Operation 2
- "The Encyclopedia of Gundam Ver.1.5" Book
|Gundam Mk-II's variation|
FA-178 Full Armor Gundam Mk-II
MSA-004 Nemo II | MSA-004K Nemo III
MSA-005K Guncannon Detector | MSA-005S Methuss Kai
|Rick Dias's variation|
MSA-099-2 Rick Dias II
|Hyaku Shiki's variations|
MSR-00100 Hyaku Shiki Kai | MSR-00100S Hyaku Shiki Kai Mass Production Type
|Z Gundam's variations|
MSZ-006-X Prototype Ζ Gundam | MSZ-007 Mass Production Type Ζ Gundam | MSZ-008 ZII
SE-DJ-1R Dijeh SE-R
MSF-007 Gundam Mk-III
|Under the Gundam: Double-Fake Mechanics|
|Monotone Mouse Company|
J Gundam | Junior Mobile Suit | Petite Mobile Suit
Middle Mobile Suit | MWS-19051G D Gundam "First" | MWS-19051G-2 D Gundam "Second"
|Earth Federation Forces|
Gundam Kazaki Custom | MSA-003 Nemo | MSA-004K Nemo III | MSA-008 Bar-GM | Nemo Kai | RGD-X1 GD Striker | RGD-X2 GD Cannon | RGD-X3 GD Burstliner | RGM-89B Jegan Custom | RGX-D3 D Gundam "Third" | RGX-D4 D Gundam "Fourth" | RMS-179 GM II
Musai-class | Salamis-class
AMS-119 Geara Doga | AMX-002 Gaza-B | AMX-003S Gaza-C Custom | AMX-011C Zaku III Late Type | AMX-011C Zaku III Late Type Land Use | AMX-012 Guza | AMX-013 Zssa Dain | AMX-016 Gaza-W | AMX-102C Zssa Kai | AMX-121 Quel Doga | Doga | MSN-03 Jagd Doga | MSN-X4 Bagwi Doga