Technology & Combat Characteristics
The S Gundam Booster Unit Type Plan 303E "Deep Striker" features an advanced set of armaments, including:
- I-Field generator, provided full protection by covering all sides of the unit. Its position was placed further ahead as to allow full coverage.
- A mega particle cannon which was stripped from an Irish Class Battle Cruiser's Main Gun; supplemented by a radome on the cannon's left; both mounted on the back over shoulder.
- A 56MW output power Beam Smartgun (already employed in S Gundam and EX-S Gundam) reinforced by a special cooling unit for rapid firing.
- 2 improved beam cannons, mounted on the hardpoints of the leg boosters, allowing mid to close range defense.
- Long range multi-sensor, capable of detecting many hidden enemies as it cruised forward.
60mm Vulcan Gun
Battleship-use Mega Particle Cannon
The Plan 303E Deep Striker equipment is never actually built, however, in theory, it would be one of the most powerful equipment ever installed on a mobile suit. Designed to allow the S Gundam to strike deep inside enemy's territory with minimal support, it was thus equipped with four large booster backpacks: two of them replace the original's smaller backpack, like the Ex-S configuration, while its legs are replaced by six more thrusters (basically a normal booster pack with an extra thruster nozzle attachment, each containing 3 thrusters nozzles, a large thermonuclear generator and numerous propellant tanks), like the S[Bst] configuration.
Because of the heavy equipment, The Plan 303E Deep Striker needed to carry with it a lot of propellant to increase the available combat time, thus decreasing its acceleration by 30% as compared to the MSA-0011[Bst] S Gundam Booster Unit Type.