Technology & Combat Characteristics
Based upon Zeon's tried-and-true MS-09B Dom series, the Pezun Dowadge was one of the last mobile suits in the Dom family to be made during the One Year War. Produced at the asteroid base Pezun, the Dowadge featured improved close-range combat abilities. The armor is slighly slimmer to improve its agility, and there are spikes on forearm armors. While the Dom featured a weak beam gun on its chest, only suitable for temporarily disabling enemy sensors, the Pezun Dowadge upgraded the weapon into a true beam gun. Its other weapons include a giant bazooka, beam bazooka and a heat saber.
- Scattering Beam Gun
- The breast-mounted beam gun of the Pezun Dowadge look similar to the one used by the Dom series, but it is now a true beam weapon that can be used from mid to close range.
- Modified Giant Bazooka
- The primary weapon of the Pezun Dowadge. It is a modified version of the standard giant bazooka used by the Dom.
- Ex-T2-2 Beam Bazooka
- A weapon originally developed for the Rick Dom. The bazooka has its own internal reactor, rather than an E-cap, and is, essentially, a Musai deck gun scaled down for mobile suit use. Due to using a reactor rather than an E-cap, the bazooka is capable of a single sustained blast or several short bursts, requiring a lengthy recharge period of approximately 10 minutes before it can be used again.
- Heat Saber
- Stored on the back of the waist when not in use, this weapon uses thermal energy to superheat its blade to melt through the armor of an enemy machine.
As the end of the One Year War came swiftly, it is not known if the Pezun Dowadge actually saw any combat duties. As the successor of the Dom and the Rick Dom, the Pezun Dowadge's relationship with the Earth-based MS-09G Dwadge remains uncertain.
Notes and Trivia
- Like other MS-X mechanic designs, the Pezun Dowadge did not appear in the originally-planned 52 episodes of Mobile Suit Gundam TV series; in fact, "Dowadge" was an early production name for the MS-09R Rick Dom. Although the machine was renamed, Tomino (who has a fondness for odd names) kept the Dowadge name around, eventually creating the Pezun Dowadge.
- The Pezun Dowadge was eventually made into an action figure as part of Hajime Katoki's Zeonography series. The figure could be converted into the Rick Dom, and came in either its standard purple color, or Char Aznable's custom red color.
- The Pezun Dowadge's modified giant bazooka was originally an unused weapon design for the MS-11 Act Zaku, a beam bazooka. The Zeonography figure redesigned the modified giant bazooka, combining elements from the original MS-X design with elements from the giant bazooka.
- It is ambiguous whether the Pezun Dowadge was a space-use mobile suit or a ground-use mobile suit. The Entertainment Bible series mentioned that it can hover like the Dom, suggesting the latter.
- In the Gundam Battle Operation series, it can operate both in space and on Earth.
- The Pezun Dowadge (MS-X colors) made its animated debut in episode 12 of Gundam Build Divers.
FA-78-2 Heavy Gundam | RGM-79L GM Light Armor | RX-77-3 Guncannon Heavy Arms Type | RX-77-4 Guncannon II | RX-78-3 Gundam "G-3" | TGM-79 GM Trainer
|Aircraft / Spacecraft|
Corvette Booster | Guncarry | Lightliner
|Principality of Zeon|
MS-06R-2 Zaku II High Mobility Type | MS-10 Pezun Dowadge | MS-11 Act Zaku | MS-12 Gigan | MS-13 Gasshia | MS-17 Galbaldy α
|Aircraft / Spacecraft|
|Gigantis' Counterattack Mechanics|
|Earth Federation Forces|
Decoration Petite Mobile Suit | GM Sniper EX | MSZ-009M Mega Zeta
|Transporter / Supply Ship|
AMS-110 Kitara | Decoration Petite Mobile Suit | MS-10 Pezun Dowadge | MS-16 Dogasshia | MS-R12 Rick Gigan | Suzaku
MA-08-2 Big Zam Kai
|Cruiser / Mother Ship|
Endra-class | Gwazine-class | Musai-class