Technology & Combat Characteristics
The MS-09S Dowas is the final production model of the Rick Dom. The Dowas was developed via the MS-09R-2 Rick Dom Zwei in order to improve the features of the Rick Dom in a way that is aimed at high mobility combat.
- Vulcan Gun
- Mounted in the head, the pair of shell firing weapons have a high rate of fire but little power and can't damage the armor of a mobile suit, though they can damage lightly armored areas such as the sensors. They are ideal for shooting down small, lightly armored targets such as missiles, attack vehicles, etc.
- Scattering Beam Gun
- The breast-mounted beam gun of the Dowas may look similar to the one used by the Dom series, but it is now a true beam weapon that can be used from mid to close range.
- Beam Bazooka
- A hand-carried high output beam weapon. The bazooka is powered by its own internal reactor and is, essentially, a Musai deck gun scaled down for mobile suit use.
- Heat Saber
- Stored on the backpack when not in use, this weapon uses thermal energy to superheat its blade, allowing it to melt through the armor of an enemy machine at high speed.
Special Equipment & Features
- External Ejectable Propellant Tank
- An external tank used for propellant storage. This extra propellant greatly extends a mobile suit's operating range, and enables it to stay in combat longer. When the propellant is consumed, the tank can be discarded to reduce the mobile suit's weight. These tanks use a two-layered construction, with one layer containing propellant, and the other holding extra coolant.
Only a few units were produced and most saw the war come to an end without ever appearing on the battlefield. The Dowas would be transported to the asteroid Axis by Zeon remnants who fled to the asteroid belt at the end of the One Year War. There, it was subjected to further mobility and generator output upgrades as well as improvements to the armor through the use of the newly developed Gundarium alloy. These improvements eventually evolved one unit into the MS-09SS Dowas Custom.
- The Dowas was originally mentioned in the manual for the 1/144 scale Rick Dom full color model released in 1988. Some of the information in the former differs from later information provided in Anaheim Laboratory Log. Most notably, the manual stated that the Dowas became the basis for the RMS-099 Rick Dias, while the latter stated that the Dowas Custom was the basis for the Rick Dias.
|Fukushi Station Mechanics|
GFX-1 | RGM-79 GM Scout | RGM-79S GM Spartan | RX-80
RMB-79 Frog Ball
Hybrid Combat Heli
|Principality of Zeon|
| Mobile Suit|
MS-06R-2S Zaku Late Production Type Dozle Zabi Custom | MS-07F Gouf Hunter | MS-09F Dowas Desert | MS-09S Dowas | MS-17B Galbaldy α | MSM-03 Gogg Kai | MSM-04G Juaggu Kai | MSM-07F Z'Gok Crab
| Mobile Armour|
MAM-07 Grublo Unit 4
|Cruiser / Mother Ship|