Technology & Combat Characteristics
This customized MS-09R Rick Dom was designed specifically for Vice Admiral Dozle Zabi, the commander of the Zeon's Space Attack Force. With mobile suit technology steadily advancing on both sides, customized units of newer mobile suits were often given to ace pilots to replace their aging Zaku's which were quickly becoming outmatched by the Federation's expanding mobile suit forces. It is similar to the standard MS-09R Rick Dom, but with a spiked armor on its shoulders and hands, ornate gold engravings and trim all over its frame, and green colored armor. Also, due to Dozle Zabi's huge size, he had to have the cockpit specially enlarged.
For melee combat the Rick Dom is equipped with a special large heat tomahawk. For long range combat, it can use the standard handheld weapons of the Rick Dom. Finally, a scattering beam gun is built into the chest, which is useless for actually damaging an enemy, but is employed as a diversionary weapon for its ability to blind an enemy's eyes and sensors for several moments, a very useful feature when engaging in close combat which Dozle Zabi often preferred.
- Scattering Beam Gun
- A chest mounted scattering beam gun. Does little damage to enemy mobile suits but can be used to blind enemy pilots for several seconds and sensors for several moments.
- Large Heat Hawk
- Similar to the MS-06F Zaku II Dozle Zabi Custom, Dozle's personal Rick Dom carries a large heat hawk as its main close combat weapon of choice.
- H&L-GB05R/360mm Giant Bazooka
- A bazooka for MS that fires rocket-propelled 360mm physical rounds. Liquid fuel supplied through a pipe from the Rick Dom's hand is injected as a primary propellant, and then the projectile's speed is increased by rocket motor ignition. It is fed by a 10 rounds magazine, and a single round can blow the torso off of an enemy mobile suit.
- Ex-T2-2 Beam Bazooka
- One of the prototype beam weapons developed by Zeon near the end of the war, it uses a different method of mega particle compression than the Federation's Energy CAP technology. Its use requires the Rick Dom's energy systems to be modified. Though it takes time to charge, it is said to be more powerful than even the MS-14A Gelgoog's beam rifle. However, due to frequent explosions during use, it never reached mass production.
In UC 0079, before the battle at Solomon, the soldiers stationed at the asteroid base convened a military parade to boost their morale. The military parade consisted of more than one-third of the Space Attack Forces, various mobile suits, and many prominent ace pilots. Dozle Zabi also appeared in the military parade piloting his custom MS-09R Rick Dom while accompanied by two Rick Dom units. There are very few records of the Rick Dom Dozle Zabi Custom confirming its existence at the end of the battle. After the naval review, this machine was apparently deployed in the Battle of Solomon, but it's unknown who was piloting it. The whereabouts of the mobile suit are unknown.