Technology & Combat Characteristics
The RS Type Rick Dom was a variant of the MS-09R Rick Dom that received special modifications at the A Baoa Qu factory, improving its generator output and thrust. The scattering beam generator in its chest was modified to serve as an energy buffer, decreasing the strain placed on the supply connector in the arm and allowing it to use the high-powered beam bazooka. This unit was customized for Anavel Gato and painted in his personal colors.
- Scattering Beam Gun
- A chest mounted scattering beam gun. Does little damage to enemy mobile suits, but can be used to blind enemy pilots for several seconds.
- Heat Saber
- The Rick Dom's main close combat weapon, it uses thermal energy to superheat its blade to melt through the armor of an enemy machine. It has an electrical discharge function and can store high charges via the application of Minovsky particle physics. As the heat saber degrades during use, it is discarded after usage.
- H&L-GB05R/360mm Giant Bazooka
- A bazooka for MS that fires rocket-propelled 360mm physical rounds. Liquid fuel supplied through a pipe from the Rick Dom's hand is injected as a primary propellant, and then the projectile's speed is increased by rocket motor ignition. It is fed by a 10 rounds magazine, and a single round can blow the torso off of an enemy mobile suit.
- Ex-T2-2 Beam Bazooka
- One of the prototype beam weapons developed by Zeon near the end of the war, it uses a different method of mega particle compression than the Federation's Energy CAP technology. Though it takes time to charge, it is said to be more powerful than even the MS-14A Gelgoog's beam rifle. However, due to frequent explosions during use, it never reached mass production.
For his status as an ace-pilot, Anavel Gato had the privilege to personalize his Rick Dom. It's in this suit that during the battle of Solomon, he gained the title of "Nightmare of Solomon" for single-handedly holding off an Earth Federation pursuit force while Zeon forces retreated. Its status is unknown after the battle of Solomon, as Gato used his custom MS-14A Gelgoog for the final battle at A Baoa Qu.
Notes and Trivia