The MS-09K-2 (MS-09KM) Dom Cannon (aka Dom Cannon Twin Gun Type, Dom Cannon II, Dom) is a Mobile Suit from the Universal Century timeline of the Gundam metaseries, It is featured in the original design series Harmony of Gundam variations by Hajime Katoki.
Technology & Combat Characteristics
Built during the final days of the One Year War, the MS-09K-2 Dom Cannon was designed as the successor to the MS-09K-1 Dom Cannon. The most obvious difference between the suits is the replacement of the 180mm Long Barrel Cannon with Twin Middle Cannons. The twin cannons added weight caused a slight decrease in the Dom Cannon II's total thrust.
- Twin Middle Cannon
- Heat Saber Type 2
- The Type 2 heat saber is a new model of heat weaponry designed for and used by the Dom. Stored on the backpack when not in use, its blade is superheated during use to melt through the armor of an enemy machine.
- 3-tube Missile Launcher
- A small missile launcher attached to the left forearm
- 105mm Machine Gun
- A standard weapon for Zaku type mobile suits. It is a shell firing gun that does not require energy to be used, however, its effectiveness against heavy armor is very limited. This model used a 100-round drum magazine.
- 120mm Machine Gun
- Another standard weapon for Zaku type mobile suits. It is a shell firing gun that does not require energy to be used, however its effectiveness against heavy armor is very limited. This model used a 100-round drum magazine.
- MMP-80 90mm Machine Gun
- An alternative to the 120mm Machine Gun., it used 90mm bullets instead of 120mm type, allowing for a greater firing speed and better penetration capabilities. Fed by a 32 rounds magazine, it is also integrated with a grenade launcher under its barrel for more firepower.
- ZUX-197 Jagdgewehr 192mm Shotgun
- A weapon specifically designed for assault-type MS, is the same model used by the MS-18E Kämpfer & MS-08TX Efreet. It has a 9-round capacity with known ammunition including slugshot, luna titanium 00 buckshot, and MS-use birdshot (BB shot). It can be loaded via pump-action, or automatically by an electric mechanism.
- Hand Grenade
- These grenades were more compact than the "cracker" grenades used by the Zaku's. While not very powerful or accurate, they're capable of performing different roles in the battle.
Because of its late development only a handful of these MS were able to be produced before the end of the war.
|Harmony of Gundam Mechanics|
RAG-79 Aqua GM | RGM-79FP GM Striker | RX-78GP02A Gundam GP02A (Type-MLRS)
|Principality of Zeon/Delaz Fleet|
| Mobile Suit|
MS-05L Zaku I Sniper Type | MS-06V Zaku Tank Cannon Type | MS-09K-1 Dom Cannon | MS-09K-2 Dom Cannon | RX-78GP02A Gundam GP02A Beam Bazooka Type