Technology & Combat Characteristics
A prototype mobile suit developed by the Zeonic Company based on the Gouf. The Gouf Combined Test Type has a customized DFA-03 Dopp called "Little Dopp" that can be stored in its chest, which serves as both a cockpit and an escape pod. This structure is similar to the Core Block System utilized in the Federation's RX-Series, suggesting that the machine's development was influenced by information gathered about the RX-Series. However, unlike the Core Block System, the Little Dopp can only detach from the mobile suit, it is unable to dock back with the machine. The Gouf Combined Test Type's mobility is also greatly improved over the original due to verniers equipped on its arm-mounted shields.
It seems certain that the Gouf Combined Test Type is some kind of testbed machine, but in any case it has not been confirmed to be deployed for actual battle. Therefore, it is thought that this mobile suit was an experimental unit to improve the pilot's survival rate. When the Earth Federation Forces discovered this machine, other than the Little Dopp, a small submarine similar to the Sealance but with mobile suit cockpit functions was also found in the process of being built. From these, it is presumed that the Gouf Combined Test Type can also be operated as an amphibious mobile suit by refitting its cockpit.
- 5-barrel 75mm Machine Gun
- Machine guns built into the fingers of the manipulators on both arms.
- This is the shield that the Gouf series machines are mainly equipped with. The shield of this machine is a special one with built-in auxiliary thrusters, and is attached to both arms.
- Heat Sword
- A melee weapon mounted on the back of the shield. Like the Zaku's heat tomahawk, the heat sword's blade is heated to high temperatures to increase its cutting capacity.
- 360mm Giant Bazooka
- The same MS-use bazooka as used by the Dom, it fires rocket-propelled 360mm physical rounds. It is fed by a 10 rounds magazine, and a single round can blow the torso off of an enemy mobile suit.
- 30mm 6-barrel Machine Gun
- Two of these machine guns are mounted on the Little Dopp.
- Anti-Air Missile
- Two such missiles are equipped on the Little Dopp.
Special Equipment & Features
- Little Dopp
- A customized, small version of the DFA-03 Dopp stored in the Gouf Combined Test Type 's chest. During an emergency, the Little Dopp can be ejected and will transform into an emergency pod to allow a speedy escape from the battlefield.
The Gouf Combined Test Type was developed by the California Base's mobile suit factory after being inspired by the RX-Series' core block system. After the recapture of the California Base, the Gouf Combined Test Type came under the possession of the Earth Federation Forces. The Gouf Combined Test Type was later exhibited alongside Garma's customized MS-06FS Zaku II at the 10th Anniversary of the One Year War in New York.
- The original concept for this unit, "Garma Custom Gouf", was the winner of a Gundam Ace contest where readers submitted their own mechanical designs. The design was then cleaned up by Kunio Okawara and made official.