Technology & Combat Characteristics
The Gouf Vijayanta is a MS-07B Gouf variant with equipment for breaching obstacles. Initially developed at the design stage as a machine with improved offensive power and mobility, the concept was changed to that of two separate units; one with improved firepower and one with improved maneuverability that would operate as a team. The former would become the MS-07G-2 Gouf Tactical Assault Type and the latter the Gouf Vijayanta.
- Scissor Anchor Launcher
- Equipped on the right arm. Developed for the purpose of climbing in surprise operations in mountainous areas, the wire part can withstand up to twice the weight of this machine. Due to its nature, it is also used in anti-MS combat.
- Mines Rod
- Mounted on the left arm, it is a whip-like rod composed of multiple linked high explosives. Originally used for blasting obstacles, it has the power to be used in combat against MS. It is a disposable magazine type and has a spare magazine on top of the backpack.
- Removal Mace
- A specialized mace used for removing obstacles, the tip equipped with a high explosive cartridge. It can also be used for MS combat. A spare cartridge is attached to the holder at the bottom of the backpack.
- M-120A1 120mm Machine Gun
- The same portable firearm used by the Zaku II. It can switch between semi-automatic and automatic fire. Although useless against Luna Titanium Alloy, it can still destroy weaker armor material with multiple shots. It feeds 120mm ammunition from a drum magazine, and holds 100 rounds per drum. Two spare magazines are mounted on both sides of the backpack.
It is known to have seen combat along with the MS-07G-2 Gouf Tactical Assault Type in North America in November, U.C. 0079. Twenty-two machines were confirmed to be produced, all of which were sent to the front lines.
Note and Trivia
- The Gouf Vijayanta is named after the Indian word for "victorious". The Vijayanta name was also used for the Indian-built main battle tank (based on the Vickers MBT) that was manufactured in the country from 1965 to 1986 and was in service until 2008.
- "Mobile Suit Gundam MSV-R Zaku Guide" page 126.