Technology & Combat Characteristics
The Gouf Vijayanta is a MS-07B Gouf variant with equipment for breaching obstacles. Initially developed at the design stage as a machine with improved offensive power and mobility, the concept was changed to that of two separate units; one with improved firepower and one with improved maneuverability that would operate as a team. The former would become the MS-07G-2 Gouf Tactical Assault Type and the latter the Gouf Vijayanta.
- Scissor Wire
- Equipped on the right arm, it can be used for scaling high cliffs.
- Mines Rod
- Mounted on the left arm, it is a whip-like rod composed of multiple linked high explosives.
- Removal Mace
- A specialized mace used for removing obstacles, the tip equipped with a high explosive cartridge.
- 120mm Machine Gun
- A standard weapon for Zaku type mobile suits. It is a shell firing gun that does not require energy to be used, however its effectiveness against heavy armor is very limited. This model used a 100-round drum magazine.
It is known to have seen combat along with the MS-07G-2 Gouf Tactical Assault Type in North America in November, U.C.0079. Twenty-two machines were confirmed to be produced, all of which were sent to the front lines.
Note and Trivia
- The Gouf Vijayanta is named after the Indian word for "victorious". The Vijayanta name was also used for the Indian-built main battle tank (based on the Vickers MBT) that was manufactured in the country from 1965 to 1986 and was in service until 2008.
- ↑ "Mobile Suit Gundam MSV-R Zaku Guide" page 126.