The MS-07F Gouf Hunter was originally created by Hitoshi Fukuchi for the Fukuchi Mobile Suit Station (FMS) feature in Bandai's Bandai Model Journal 119 (June 1989). Fukuchi is the same artist who created the variants featured in the Gundam 0080 and Char's Counterattack model kit manuals, and most of his FMS creations are variants of One Year War mobile suits.
Technology & Combat Characteristics
The MS-07F was a tropical variant of the MS-07B Gouf designed to operate effectively in dense jungle environments, specifically for jungle guerrilla warfare. While the Gouf Hunter was armed similarly to the MS-07B, It carried two new weapons for such type of combat; A Heat knife, which could easily be drawn-out for close-quarter combat situations, and a modified handgun that could shoot two kinds of shells, Gel-type rounds and Birdlime rounds, both of which could be used to immobilize enemy mobile suits.
- 5-barrel Machine Gun
- Like many other Gouf variants. The Gouf Hunter left manipulator is replaced by a five-barrel 75mm machine gun shaped like enlarged fingers. It fires physical rounds at a rapid rate, and despite its bulky and awkward appearance, its barrels demonstrate limited degree of digital dexterity. However unlike other Gouf types mobile suit it is also covered with gauntlet-like armor, increasing its defense.
- 3-slot Grenade Rack
- Stored on the right hip of the Gouf Hunter for convenient access are three hand grenades. While not very powerful or accurate, they're capable of performing different roles in the battle.
- Heat Sword
- A melee weapon originally developed for the Gouf line of mobile suits. Like the Zaku's heat tomahawk, the heat sword's blade is heated to high temperatures to increase its cutting capacity.
- Heat Knife
- A heated blade for close combat equipped on the left shoulder shoulder armor.
- One of the two new weapons used by the Gouf Hunter. It is a magazine fed handgun used not for combat but for immobilize enemies units, using gel bullets and birdlime. Two spare magazines are stored on armor skirt racks.
It is unknown how many were constructed, however, the Gouf Hunter was known to have been deployed in the African and Asian front during the One Year War.
They engaged with the 2nd Special Platoon of the 17th Armored Marine Division on Borneo Island on December 2nd, 0079 UC.
|Fukushi Station Mechanics|
GFX-1 | RGM-79 GM Scout | RGM-79S GM Spartan | RX-80
RMB-79 Frog Ball
Hybrid Combat Heli
|Principality of Zeon|
| Mobile Suit|
MS-06R-2S Zaku Late Production Type Dozle Zabi Custom | MS-07F Gouf Hunter | MS-09F Dowas Desert | MS-09S Dowas | MS-17B Galbaldy α | MSM-03 Gogg Kai | MSM-04G Juaggu Kai | MSM-07F Z'Gok Crab
| Mobile Armour|
MAM-07 Grublo Unit 4
|Cruiser / Mother Ship|