The MS-07A Gouf is a mobile suit introduced in Mobile Suit Gundam: Zeonic Front.
Technology & Combat Characteristics
The MS-07A Gouf is an pre-production model of the Gouf. It was manufactured after the development of the YMS-07B, but as the Gouf's fixed armaments have yet to enter production then, both of its arms were fitted with normal manipulators instead.
- M-120A1 120mm Machine Gun
- The same portable firearm used by the Zaku II. It can switch between semi-automatic and automatic fire. Although useless against Luna Titanium Alloy, it can still destroy weaker armor material with multiple shots. It fires 120mm caliber rounds that are stored in a 100-rounds drum magazine.
- A defensive armament that can be attached to the left forearm. Its main purpose is to defend in close combat rather than at long range. It also stores the suit's melee weapon - the heat sword.
- Heat Sword Type-βIV
- A melee weapon stored on the back of the shield. Like the Zaku's heat tomahawk, the heat sword has a blade that is heated to high temperatures to increase its cutting capacity. Initially, the weapon's blade was made of a polymer compound that had undergone a shape memory treatment, and is stored inside the weapon's grip when not in use. Upon heating, the polymer will expand out of the grip and take on the shape of the heat sword's blade. This polymer compound was later replaced by easier to produce ceramic materials.
- 120mm Assault Rifle
- A new model assault rifle that appears to be an upgrade of the MMP-78 machine gun.
- H&L-SB25K/280mmA-P Zaku Bazooka
- A portable, physical projectile-type firearm. It is primarily for anti-ship combat and displays its power in hit and run attacks. It can also be used against enemy mobile suits, but it is harder to hit a constantly moving target.
- Knuckle Shield
- The knuckle shield is a modified Zaku II shoulder shield carried on the arm, with the curve of the armor fitting over the mobile suit's hand. One of the modifications is the additions of three spikes placed on the plate that rests in front of the hand. These spikes make the knuckle shield an effective bashing weapon.