Technology & Combat Characteristics
A mobile suit operated by the Principality of Zeon's Living Dead division in the Thunderbolt Sector. It is equipped with a specialized backpack with a propellant tank and two foldable sub-arms that can be moved back and forth within a 180 degree range along a rail. The suit also features additional thrusters, control verniers and its joints are protected by a cloth-like material.
- Shoulder Shield
- Mounted on the right shoulder, it is a simple defense used to block most physical projectiles.
- 120mm Machine Gun
- A standard weapon for Zaku type mobile suits. It is a shell firing gun that does not require energy to be used, however its effectiveness against heavy armor is very limited.
- 280mm Zaku Bazooka
- The 280mm Zaku Bazooka was another standard weapon that could be equipped to a Zaku type mobile suit. The bazooka fired explosive rounds that were quite effective against the armor of Earth Federation mobile suits and battleships.
- Sturm Faust
- A single-use projectile weapon akin to a simplified bazooka/rocket launcher.
- Heat Hawk
- An axe-shaped close combat weapon, it uses a super-heated blade to cut through the armor of enemy MS or vehicles. The thermal energy is generated by the power output of the Zaku II's thermonuclear reactor and relayed through the MS' hands.
- A mobile suit-use sniping turret, it is equipped with a powerful, long-range beam cannon.
Notes & Trivia
- In Mobile Suit Gundam Thunderbolt episode 5, two Zaku II with similar gold engraving and trims all over its body as the MS-06F Zaku II Dozle Zabi Custom were deployed as Special Service Mobile suits in A Baoa Qu. These units however had the standard Zaku II shoulder armor and no spikes on their knuckle.
- MS-06 Zaku II (Thunderbolt Sector) (anime version) on MAHQ.net
- MS-06 Zaku II (Thunderbolt Sector) (manga version) on MAHQ.net