Technology & Combat Characteristics
Named for its distinctive green camouflage, the Zaku Tank Green Macaque was an experimental version of the Zaku Tank developed mainly for obstacle-clearing roles. It's fitted with large manipulator arms different than those of the standard model. Other than that, its only other mean of self-defense is a 8-tube missile launcher.
- 8-tube Missile Launcher
- Replacing the torso-mounted 3-barrel 35mm Machine Cannon of the original Zaku Tank is a missile launcher. This would be used for long to mid-range bombardment.
Special Equipment & Features
- Claw Arms
- The Zaku Tank Green Macaque were equipped with a pair of specialized claw arms which were bigger than those of MS-06V Zaku Tank. They were used primarily for obstacle clearance in jungle environment. They could also be used as bludgeoning weapons when necessary.
The Zaku Tank Green Macaque was fielded near the end of One Year War. It was known to be sortied in the jungle of Borneo, Southeast Asia.
- MS-06V-6 Zaku Tank Green Macaque Cannon Type
- A combat variant of Zaku Tank Green Macaque, with the back-mounted crane being replaced by the 180mm Cannon backpack used by MS-06K Zaku Cannon.
Notes and Trivia
- The unit was named after Macaques, which constitute a genus of Old World monkeys of which are widespread over the Old World, especially Asia. This implies the MS-06V-6's intended nature as a support unit for tropical environment.