|Please note that this is the Gundam Wiki's article on the mobile suit featured in Mobile Suit Gundam: The Origin; if you are looking for the article on Char's custom MS-06 Zaku II featured Mobile Suit Gundam then you should head to MS-06S Zaku II Commander Type.|
Technology & Combat Characteristics
With data from Char's MS-05S , the MS-06S is an improved version of the MS-06F and Char's custom had been painted in his personal red colors. Being a commander’s unit, it a horn was attached to its head. Char personally ordered the removal of its limiters, allowing it to use its thrusters to the maximum limit, despite the high risks. The hit-and-run tactics enabled by the resulting high thrust, and the impression its distinctive colors made on the battlefield, led to Char's nick name, “Red Comet” .
- Shoulder Shield
- A defensive equipment made of steel and multiple types of shock absorption material. It is fitted with weapon latches, which can be used to hold two spare magazines for the bazooka or various types of weapon.
- Chest Vulcan
- A pair of fixed armaments mounted in the chest, they are mostly used to destroy fighter jets and small vehicles, or intercept missiles.
- ASR-78 MS Anti-Ship Rifle
- A sniper rifle mainly used against warships. It discharges specalized rounds at a high initial velocity, which can split into submunitions after penetrating a warship's armor, destroying it from within. It is especially devastating when used against the bridge or engine of a ship.
- Type A2 MS Bazooka
- A large bazooka mainly used for anti-ship combat, it can hold three shells in the magazine near the back. It is mounted on the weapon latch on the backpack when not in use.
- Heat Hawk
- An axe-shaped close combat weapon, it uses a super-heated blade to cut through the armor of enemy MS or vehicles. When stored on the weapon latch on the waist, its grip can slide into a more compact form.
One Year War
Battle of Loum
- In SD Gundam G Generation Genesis, Char's Zaku II is part of the Mobile Suit Gundam: The Origin DLC pack along with the RTX-65 Guntank Early Type. Unlike the MS-06S Zaku II Commander Type, Char's Zaku II can be developed into the Rick Dias, the Zeong, the Hyaku Shiki, and the Sazabi, all of which are Char's future machines.