Technology & Combat Characteristics
The RP-type differs from the F-type mainly in three areas: the back, the waist and the legs. Its backpack is equipped with a pair of main thrusters with thrust of 218 tons, far exceeding the F-type's, the integral fuel tank in the waist is enlarged, and three sub-thrusters with a thrust of 45 tons are added to each of the legs. Furthermore, it has a characteristic antenna added to the base of the power pipe on the back of the head.
- Shoulder Shield
- Mounted on the right shoulder, it is a simple defense used to block most physical projectiles.
- M-120A1 120mm Machine Gun
- Also referred to as a "rifle" by Zeon soldiers, Zeonic was contracted to develop this weapon. Its internal development code is "ZMC38III". It can switch between semi-automatic and automatic fire. Although useless against Luna Titanium Alloy, it can still destroy weaker armor material with multiple shots. It holds 100 rounds per drum with spare drums that can be stored on the waist armor.
- H&L-SB25K/280mmA-P Zaku Bazooka
- A portable, physical projectile-type firearm. It is primarily for anti-ship combat and displays its power in hit and run attacks. It can also be used against enemy mobile suits, but it is harder to hit a constantly moving target. Can be stored on the rear waist armor when not in use.
- Heat Hawk
- An axe-shaped close combat weapon, it uses a super-heated blade to cut through the armor of enemy MS or vehicles. The thermal energy is generated by the power output of the Zaku II's thermonuclear reactor and relayed through the MS' hands.
- MIP-B6 Cracker Grenade
- Identical to those used by infantry, the cracker grenade is an explosive weapons designed to be thrown or launched by the MS and detonate after a set amount of time. The "cracker" breaks into several smaller munitions over a wide area. A flash-type variant also exist, which it used to temporarily paralyze the sensors of enemy MS.
- 420mm Rocket Gun
- 360mm Rocket Gun
Only two Zaku II High Mobility Test Type units were constructed, both of them piloted by Zeon ace pilot, and former Zeonic Company mobile suit developer, Elliot Rem. After Major Rem gave the new unit his personal approval, it underwent a few very minor modifications and was slated for mass-production as the MS-06R-1 Zaku II High Mobility Test Type.
Notes and Trivia