The MS-06G Zaku II High Mobility Ground Type (Deen West Custom) is a custom Zaku Type G piloted by Deen West. It first appeared in Mobile Suit Gundam MSV-R The Troublemakers. A further modification of the mobile suit, replacing the legs and backpack with that from a MS-06R-1A Zaku II High Mobility Type and arms from a MS-07B-3 Gouf Custom, has the full name MS-06G Zaku II High Mobility Ground Type + R-Type Leg + Gouf Custom Arm, but was also sometimes being referred to as MS-06G(R) Zaku II High Mobility Ground Type.
Technology & Combat Characteristics
The MS-06G Zaku II High Mobility Ground Type (Deen West Custom) is a modified Zaku Type G that was acquired by Deen West through Black Market channels after the One Year War. It is painted in red and ivory colors, and is equipped with a blade antenna on the head. Depending on the replacement of damaged parts and the application, it is repeated that the parts of the machine are retrofitted with parts from the Gouf and Zaku II series.
- Shoulder Shield
- Mounted on the right shoulder, it is a simple defense used to block most physical projectiles. However, unlike the standard shoulder shield, which folds onto the top of the shoulder, the High Mobility Ground Type's shield is angled off of it to help improve it's defense angle.
- MMP-78 Machine Gun
- A new model machine gun with enhanced firepower to combat Federation Forces MS. Early and late type models of the MMP-78 Machine Gun exist, with differences in the location and mounting of the grip in the latter. "MMP" is an abbreviation for "Mobile Suit Machine Pistol". The MS-06G's machine gun features a barrel guard and a barrel jacket for improved performance in ground combat.
- Heat Hawk
- An axe-shaped close combat weapon, it uses a super-heated blade to cut through the armor of enemy MS or vehicles. The thermal energy is generated by the power output of the Zaku II's thermonuclear reactor and relayed through the MS' hands.
- H&L-SB25K/280mmA-P Zaku Bazooka
- The 280mm Zaku Bazooka was another weapon that could be equipped to a Zaku type mobile suit and it fires explosive rounds. It is primarily for anti-ship combat and displays its power in hit and run attacks. It can also be used against enemy mobile suits, but it is harder to hit a constantly moving target.
- Heat Rod
- A close-range weapon from the MS-07B Gouf. This retractable cable delivers a high-voltage electrical shock when it comes into contact with an enemy mobile suit, damaging its internal systems and stunning its pilot. The heat rod could also be superheated to give it cutting properties.
- Heat Sword
- A melee weapon originally developed for the Gouf line of mobile suits. The blade is heated to high temperatures in order to increase its cutting capacity.
- 180mm Cannon
- A shoulder-mounted projectile weapon diverted from the MS-06K Zaku Cannon.
- 2-tube Rocket Launcher
- Also known as "Big Guns", these launchers are mounted on the lower sides of the backpack. The launchers are magazine-fed and can fire small-caliber rockets rapidly.
- MMP-80 90mm Machine Gun
- An alternative to the MMP-78, it used 90mm bullets instead of 120mm type, allowing for a greater firing speed and better penetration capabilities. Fed by a 32 rounds magazine, it is also integrated with a grenade launcher under its barrel for more firepower.
- Gatling Shield
- A weapon from the MS-07B-3 Gouf Custom, it is a shield with a powerful, drum-and-belt fed, 75mm Gatling Gun attached to it. The Gatling Gun can be detached from the shield when it runs out of ammunition.
Special Equipment & Features
- Solid Rocket Booster
- The MS-06G can be equipped with two pairs of solid rocket boosters on its backpack that could give the mobile suit a brief but tremendous increase in overall thruster output.