The MS-06G Zaku II High Mobility Ground Type (Deen West Custom) is a custom Zaku Type G piloted by Deen West. It first appeared in Mobile Suit Gundam MSV-R The Troublemakers. A further modification that replaced some of the parts with ones from the Zaku II High Mobility Type and Gouf Custom has the full name MS-06G Zaku II High Mobility Ground Type + R-Type Leg + Gouf Custom Arm, but was also sometimes referred to as MS-06G(R) Zaku II High Mobility Ground Type.
Technology & Combat Characteristics
This machine is a modified version of the Zaku Type G that was acquired by Deen West through Black Market channels after the One Year War. It is painted in red and ivory colors, and is equipped with a blade antenna on the head. Dean's machine was also equipped with a generator developed near the end of the One Year War, and it was able to operate weapons that the Zaku couldn't originally mount. This gives it the potential to withstand a variety of modifications, such as equipping the arms of the Gouf Custom, the backpack of the Zaku Half Cannon, the lower body of the Zaku Tank, and even the legs and backpack of the High Mobility Type Zaku II for operation in space.
- Shoulder Shield
- Mounted on the right shoulder, it is a simple defense used to block most physical projectiles. However, unlike the standard shoulder shield, which folds onto the top of the shoulder, the MS-06G's shield is angled off to help improve its defense.
- MMP-78 Machine Gun
- A new model machine gun with enhanced firepower to combat Federation Forces MS. Early and late type models of the MMP-78 Machine Gun exist, with differences in the location and mounting of the grip in the latter. "MMP" is an abbreviation for "Mobile Suit Machine Pistol". The MS-06G's machine gun features a barrel guard and a barrel jacket for improved performance in ground combat.
- Heat Hawk
- An axe-shaped close combat weapon, it uses a super-heated blade to cut through the armor of enemy MS or vehicles. The thermal energy is generated by the power output of the Zaku II's thermonuclear reactor and relayed through the MS' hands.
- H&L-SB25K/280mmA-P Zaku Bazooka
- A portable, physical projectile-type firearm. It is primarily for anti-ship combat and displays its power in hit and run attacks. It can also be used against enemy mobile suits, but it is harder to hit a constantly moving target.
- Heat Rod
- A close-range weapon from the MS-07B Gouf. This retractable cable delivers a high-voltage electrical shock when it comes into contact with an enemy mobile suit, damaging its internal systems and stunning its pilot. The heat rod could also be superheated to give it cutting properties.
- Heat Sword
- A melee weapon originally developed for the Gouf. Like the Zaku's heat tomahawk, the heat sword's blade is heated to high temperatures to increase its cutting capacity.
- 180mm Cannon
- Mounted over the right shoulder, this artillery cannon is for medium-to-long range fire support. This weapon is diverted from the MS-06K Zaku Cannon.
- 2-tube Rocket Launcher
- Also known as "Big Guns", these launchers are mounted on the lower sides of the backpack. The launchers are magazine-fed and can fire small-caliber rockets rapidly. This weapon was also used by the Zaku Cannon.
- MMP-80 90mm Machine Gun
- A small caliber machine gun for mobile suits developed under the United Maintenance Plan. The overall shape and mechanism of the Zaku Machine Gun, which was previously deployed, has been changed. The magazine has been changed from a drum magazine to a box magazine, and a 197mm grenade launcher is available as an option. The caliber has been reduced to 90mm, but as a result, the hit rate has improved, and the 90mm shell used is also excellent in initial velocity and anti-MS firepower. The number of bullets loaded is 32 in the standard single magazine and 100 in the triple magazine. The late production model features a different barrel and hand guard, resulting in a more compact shape.
- Gatling Shield
- A weapon from the Gouf Custom, it is a shield with a powerful, drum-and-belt fed, 75mm Gatling Gun attached to it. The Gatling Gun can be detached from the shield when it runs out of ammunition.
Special Equipment & Features
- Rocket Booster
- A rocket booster for auxiliary propulsion attached to each side of the MS-06G's backpack. It is used for high-altitude jumps under gravity. This is same equipment as used by the MS-06F2 Zaku II F2 Type.